Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
06-12-2005, 12:28 AM   #21

Re: Anyone know about home tutoring instead of school

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
just what about when they arrive on Planet Earth? They ain'y gonna live iin a bubble forever

Dont understand?

Banned

06-12-2005, 12:34 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
Dont understand?
Smudgley said:

"Jac - sorry to hear your son is having problems - Here's my two-penneth!
I know a lady who home educates her 5 children (yes 5) ranging from a year old through to about 14. They are well educated / polite / well mannered children. I know her through my work (through her dog, but part of my job involves doing home visits) When I first met her - I asked why she chose to home educate, she said that she had given up so much to have these children in her life (ie her career) that she felt she could be there for them & help them in lots of ways by teaching them at home.
It works well for her & her children are a credit to her."

My comment was: "
just what about when they arrive on Planet Earth? They ain'y gonna live in a bubble forever"

Just what is difficult to comprehend? The point is that you cannot keep sopmething "protected" for ever, eventually they have to interact.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
06-12-2005, 12:34 AM   #23

AM, have you got children??

Catsey Veteran

06-12-2005, 12:36 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
AM, have you got children??
I would hazard a guess at "no"!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
06-12-2005, 12:38 AM   #25

Nobody said they were being protected from anything or living in a bubble.
They have interests like any other children, they are well behaved & they mix with other children etc. I asked the lady if she will continue to home educate throughout their life & she said if they want to go to a school when they are old enough to make their own decision then they can otherwise she will continue to educate them at home, if it works for them I really don't see what the problem is.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
06-12-2005, 12:39 AM   #26

Donna, I feel for you I really do. When we first moved here from London my son was teased about his 'posh' (ha,ha) London accent. (Clarss, instead of class, etc!) As he is a bright lad he was teased about that too. We did consider changing schools, but eventually things improved and he is now a very confident 18 year old. I realise what your son is going through is different and a more serious situation. I know of a couple of people who home tutored their children, certainly worth looking into. You do have to prove to the authorities that you can completely provide for them educationally and it can be a long process. I wish you all the luck in the world and hope it is not too long before your lad is smiling again. {{{hugs}}}

Catsey Veteran

06-12-2005, 12:40 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgley
They have interests like any other children, they are well behaved & they mix with other children etc. I asked the lady if she will continue to home educate throughout their life & she said if they want to go to a school when they are old enough to make their own decision then they can otherwise she will continue to educate them at home, if it works for them I really don't see what the problem is.
If the mother is happy, if the kids are happy - What is the problem? Each to their own.

I would love for Sean to be completely "happy" but it is not that simple as home tutoring.

Good on the lady who is teaching her children. If there were more parents like her in the world then it would be a better place. Most people dont care what their kids are doing.

Banned

06-12-2005, 12:40 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgley
From a professional stand point they dont mix like other children do. Impossible for them to do so, because they dont act in the same manner.

Banned

06-12-2005, 12:41 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna
I would hazard a guess at "no"!!!
Well guess again, and try not to be personal, or i'll be personal

Banned

06-12-2005, 12:42 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli