Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Banned

05-12-2005, 11:42 PM   #11

Re: Anyone know about home tutoring instead of school

Okay, what do i know, but i do know that children taught at homew are more likely to havee issues and problems later in life.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
06-12-2005, 12:11 AM   #12

My son, Sean (13) is going through a really rough time as well at the moment at school. He has been under the hospital for over a year over his stomach due to the anxiety and worry he puts himself under going to school. He has constant diarreah (sp) and feeling sick. He has headaches and does not sleep.

It is not down to the teachers in his case, but due to the "friends" that he finds hard to deal with. He is very shy and sensitive and he feels they are always nasty to him and picks on him. Think they are just boisterous teenage boys and my son is too sensitive but it is hard when he is crying before school every day.

School holidays and weekends he is fine, so know it is definately an anxiety issue for him. He feels intimidated constantly and wants to be invisible at school.

I feel for you Jac as I know what you are going through. I thought of keeping him off school but that will not resolve Sean's problems. He has to toughen up and face life.

Not much help, but at least you know you are not alone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
06-12-2005, 12:16 AM   #13

I had a similar problem to yours Donna with my son when he was about 10, we moved to a small village and because he was an incommer was not accepted, after a lot of upset, I moved him to a small country school where he did really well..

Catsey Veteran

06-12-2005, 12:18 AM   #14

I dont think changing schools will help sean. He is such a shy person that he is too scared to speak to ANYONE so going to a new school will be devastating. At the moment he does know his classmates. Just cannot deal with their ways.

I am trying to build his confidence. Think he might need to see a councellor and my doctor said it might be depression, but that will be decided by the councellor. Waiting for appt to come through.

I just want him to smile and be happy. To hear him laugh madly....

Banned

06-12-2005, 12:24 AM   #15

Donna have you thought of speaking with someeone from the Princes Trust?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
06-12-2005, 12:24 AM   #16

Jac - sorry to hear your son is having problems - Here's my two-penneth!
I know a lady who home educates her 5 children (yes 5) ranging from a year old through to about 14. They are well educated / polite / well mannered children. I know her through my work (through her dog, but part of my job involves doing home visits) When I first met her - I asked why she chose to home educate, she said that she had given up so much to have these children in her life (ie her career) that she felt she could be there for them & help them in lots of ways by teaching them at home.
It works well for her & her children are a credit to her.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
06-12-2005, 12:25 AM   #17

My son was the same, he used to make himself sick in the morning just to stay off school...The school I put him to was a country school with just a handful of pupils, it was good in the way he got to know his classmates very easily..
I really feel for your boy and you, its awful watching them going hrough this and not be able to help....

Catsey Veteran

06-12-2005, 12:26 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
Donna have you thought of speaking with someeone from the Princes Trust?
Whats that then??????????? Excuse my ignorance!

Banned

06-12-2005, 12:26 AM   #19

just what about when they arrive on Planet Earth? They ain'y gonna live iin a bubble forever

Banned

06-12-2005, 12:27 AM   #20

just a little thing operated by fag ash lils first born.
(Prince Charles that is)