Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
05-12-2005, 08:58 PM   #1

Anyone know about home tutoring instead of school

Hi, can anyone help with this? My youngest son (14) is having problems at school. He absolutley hates it to the point I'm sure he's making himself ill. Last week he was throwing up. He was ok over the weekend, then again this morning he was physically sick again.
I had a visit from a support worker today (linked to the school). She is going to give him support within the school. I asked about home tuition and was told that unless he was permenently exluded from school (kicked out with no return to ANY school in the district) this was not an option. Any ideas???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
05-12-2005, 09:02 PM   #2

Re: Anyone know about home tutoring instead of school

Not sure Jac Luke has home tuition so maybe he will be able to offer some advice. Really hope your son is able to get all this sorted out soon Jac x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
05-12-2005, 09:02 PM   #3

Sorry, don't know anything.
I'm really sorry he's so unhappy - that is a shame
Are there no other schools or special support units he could attend instead?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
05-12-2005, 10:02 PM   #4

Its a problem he has with one teacher. It's a long, long story but I have been to the school. That didnt work. I was told stuff like teachers dont talk to teachers about other pupils. Teachers dont lie. yeh right.
He wont even consider going to another school, as all his friends are there. Its a bad situation, although I think it may be resolvable (I live in hope). One of the biggest problems is that he isnt stupid by no matter of means. He's actually taking his O levels a year earlier. This "teacher has a bug bear about this and other things".

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
05-12-2005, 10:25 PM   #5

I can't offer any help or suggestions I'm afraid Jac but I do hope things get sorted out very soon for your son....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
05-12-2005, 10:49 PM   #6

I know Jac's son and he doesn't need a support teacher, his problem is the teachers!!!

Banned

05-12-2005, 11:17 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
I know Jac's son and he doesn't need a support teacher, his problem is the terachers!!!
Not too sure that is a helpful comment, Moli. Teachers do not have the easiest of times, it's a darn difficult job, without people denegrating them.

Home tutoring is a really dangerous alternative, the child loses out in so many areas.

Catsey Veteran

05-12-2005, 11:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
Not too sure that is a helpful comment, Moli. Teachers do not have the easiest of times, it's a darn difficult job, without people denegrating them.

Home tutoring is a really dangerous alternative, the child loses out in so many areas.
You want to ask Jac about it AM, she has had terrible trouble with a teacher regarding her son............

Banned

05-12-2005, 11:31 PM   #9

Moli, i do not doubt that there are issues, really i do not. Its not easy on the parents, but i ask would removing him from his peer group help?

Catsey Veteran

05-12-2005, 11:33 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
Moli, i do not doubt that there are issues, really i do not. Its not easy on the parents, but i ask would removing him from his peer group help?
Jac seems to think it would make all the difference to him....