Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

View Poll Results: Do you smoke (tabacco)??
Yes 6 27.27%
No, never 6 27.27%
No but used to 9 40.91%
Yes but am seriously considering giving up 1 4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
05-12-2005, 12:48 AM   #21

Re: To smoke or not to smoke...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus
Kim, EVERYTHING kills. Better to burn out, than fade away, as the quote goes.
Believe me, cancer can be very slow, painful and undignified and an awful way to die, terrible for the relatives too. I am not judging anyone, I have never smoked, therefore I do not understand the addiction.

Banned

05-12-2005, 01:02 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim
Believe me, cancer can be very slow, painful and undignified and an awful way to die, terrible for the relatives too. I am not judging anyone, I have never smoked, therefore I do not understand the addiction.
not addicted, just enjoy, pipe tobacco & cigars dont contain all the additives and junk.
there are more cancers than just moouth/throat/lunng cancer.
watching a close friend die of anything is not easy, i'v been there and done it.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2
05-12-2005, 01:35 AM   #23

I used to buy my own cigs then Id start pinching them off folk ...saved me money lol

No telling you what me ex did when he caught me raiding his lol

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
05-12-2005, 10:42 AM   #24

Smoked for 20 years . . . up to 30 a day at times (stupid for an asthmatic or what)?? Gave up when I found I was pregnant and haven't touched one for 3 years.

I'm also one of those hated ex-smokers that really can't bear to be near cigarettes. Thing is - I didn't really like the smell even when I smoked!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
05-12-2005, 02:30 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Smoked for 20 years . . . up to 30 a day at times (stupid for an asthmatic or what)?? Gave up when I found I was pregnant and haven't touched one for 3 years.

I'm also one of those hated ex-smokers that really can't bear to be near cigarettes. Thing is - I didn't really like the smell even when I smoked!!
trouble is i enjoyed the smell .but not so keen now,i just want to wash all my clothes to get rid of the smell

Catsey Veteran

05-12-2005, 06:12 PM   #26

Quote:
there are more cancers than just moouth/throat/lunng cancer.
Sadly, I am all too aware of this. There are also many more diseases than cancer that smoking, even if you are not addicted, can cause or aggrevate.

Banned

05-12-2005, 11:21 PM   #27

Kim. its a question of priorities and choices

Catsey Veteran

05-12-2005, 11:34 PM   #28

Quote:
Kim. its a question of priorities and choices
Amadeus, this has almost become a cyber 'slanging match'!!!! lol Not want I want at all. I have never once said that people do not have a choice and I am certainly not judging here. After voting in the poll I just gave, as others did - MY opinion! Of course you have a choice and you decide your own priorities. I just give mine based on my own personal opinion and experiences, that's all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
05-12-2005, 11:38 PM   #29

Never touched one, ever, cant stand the smell of them, makes me heave. (no offence) Good luck to all those trying or considering giving up.
Dawn.

Banned

05-12-2005, 11:39 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim
Amadeus, this has almost become a cyber 'slanging match'!!!! lol Not want I want at all. I have never once said that people do not have a choice and I am certainly not judging here. After voting in the poll I just gave, as others did - MY opinion! Of course you have a choice and you decide your own priorities. I just give mine based on my own personal opinion and experiences, that's all.
kim, i did not personalise the issue, i'm certainly not into haviing a slagging match.
As you said the original poster asked for opiinions, that is what i gave. It would appear someeone values thier opinion slightly higher, hence the bloc caps.

Closed Thread