Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Black Moggie
andrew021 is Male
24-03-2006, 09:43 AM   #11

Re: Prawns

It seems from above, cats have varying tastes like us. Always assumed with carnivores that all meat was good food. But cats are fussy animals, I suppose.

Catsey Junior

24-03-2006, 09:56 AM   #12

My two adore prawns ! They even recognize the name - me and the other half have to say 'P-word' if they're in the vicinity . And a call of 'pawnies' will get them running home everytime, and very handy it is too .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
24-03-2006, 10:05 AM   #13

Yes - it's not so easy to get 'obedience' from a cat as from a dog, so any 'props' like prawns, are very useful!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Black Moggie
andrew021 is Male
24-03-2006, 10:06 AM   #14

Mine is the same, as soon as she hears the rustle of the plastic bag they are kept in, in the fridge, she is straight in.

Never thought of getting her to recognise the name to get her in from outside. I usually go into the garden with her food bowl and tap the bottom of it, doesn't usually work as she will saunter in when she is ready.