Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
14-07-2005, 01:10 PM   #1

Maud

Yesterday I found Maud feeding Claude and Clooney in the porch I was mortified! there will be no milk left for the little babes with those great oafs pinching it all I don't think this can be normal, she really is more interested in feeding them than her new babes

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
14-07-2005, 01:14 PM   #2

Re: Maud

How strange I reckon it's those two little terrors pestering her and being the good mum she is, she doesn't like to refuse....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
14-07-2005, 01:15 PM   #3

They obviously think the milk bar has reopened, little devils...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
14-07-2005, 01:15 PM   #4

When we had Smudge as a 6 week old kitten - she started to suckle from our dog - who was at the time having a phantom, not much milk there - but she did it for comfort. The dog enjoyed it as she had a new baby to satisfy her phantom pregnancy & everyone was happy - the dog would wash her & the kitten would suck & suck & suck! This went on.............& on.................& on.......................
Smudge is 20 months old now - she still does it, not every day & nowhere near as much as she used to - but she does it now & again. It's a comfort thing.

Catsey Veteran

14-07-2005, 01:16 PM   #5

She is acting very strangly. She will feed her babes but as soon as they are asleep she is off to find Claude and Clooney

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
14-07-2005, 01:16 PM   #6

They obviously think the milk bar has reopened, little devils...

Catsey Veteran

14-07-2005, 01:17 PM   #7

When we had Smudge as a 6 week old kitten - she started to suckle from our dog - who was at the time having a phantom, not much milk there - but she did it for comfort. The dog enjoyed it as she had a new baby to satisfy her phantom pregnancy & everyone was happy - the dog would wash her & the kitten would suck & suck & suck! This went on.............& on.................& on.......................
Smudge is 20 months old now - she still does it, not every day & nowhere near as much as she used to - but she does it now & again. It's a comfort thing.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
14-07-2005, 01:17 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgley

Awww how sweet Smudgley!!

Catsey Veteran

14-07-2005, 01:19 PM   #9

I think I remember you telling the story before Smudgley and it is very sweet. How is she now that your dog has had puppies - does she still want to get in there and suckle?

Catsey Veteran

14-07-2005, 02:50 PM   #10

don't know why that posted twice?

She is still very close to the dog & they still snuggle up to each other, I haven't seen her suckle since we've had the pups. Don't blame her though, all those teats all sweaty & puppy breath all over them, she's much to posh for that is my Smudge