Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-09-2008, 04:24 PM   #11

Re: Daily thread - Sunday

Afternoon all. Sunny but the promised warm-up hasn't started yet, only 18 degrees...needed a jacket on the market run....glad to hear that the sun's shining on you too.

Elaine: enjoy the garden with the cats...chin tickles to both
Kim: (((hugs)))
Yola: that's so nice that Domi is enjoying his riding lessons so much
Kazz: like to come weed here? They are way ahead of me...
PL: a little "hair of the dog"?

Enjoy the last ofifcial day of Summer!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
21-09-2008, 05:44 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Mags you're supposed to be cheering Kim up not joining her in the doldroms....and remember Mags where your daughter used to sit now she coes complete with a lovely husband and two gorgeous grandchildren...........all because you let her go. ...and you wouldn't not have that for the world would you?
Now that's a good way of looking at it Kazz...

Of course you do get used to it when they leave home, it's just just those few weeks or months at the beginning. We don't switch off like cats do when their kittens leave!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
21-09-2008, 06:37 PM   #13

Always gotta look on the up side Mags............

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
22-09-2008, 08:34 PM   #14

Thanks all. Kazz, it's okay, in a way it is good to know I'm not the only one feeling as I do. I agree the feelings are simular to a bereavement. I have just had the loveliest email from Rachel, she says she didn't want to ring as she might cry, in her words, she is missing us "a silly amount" but enjoying uni too. Kazz, you are right, their futures are so important, particularly nowadays when times are hard. I feel a little better today, work is good therapy, but admit I did have a little cry when when one of my work colleagues/friends gave me a hug.