Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
19-09-2008, 08:21 PM   #11

Re: What's all this about then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
I find the astronomical and space bits the most fascinating of all this "stuff" - but there seems to be a lot of "yes it will" and "no it won't" about some planet coming too close to earth for comfort. Did you see that?
I didn't! Like I said I only looked at one link (the ufo link)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-09-2008, 08:52 PM   #12

I missed that one too. Suppose it could happen, but not going to concern myself about it. Serenity prayer!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
25-09-2008, 12:54 PM   #13

Just gonna chip in my two cents!

I have read about the Mayan prophecies and believe that they predict they end of the world as we know it. So the planet won't explode, humans won't die, but there will be some dramatic change (oil supplies running out? 3rd World War?) that will change the core of human existence.

Mayan's have predicted a few things that have come to be, and as a civilisation they did just vanish into thin air one day, which fascinates me. I don't believe the world will end, but I am very open-minded to spirituality. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but I do believe theres something 'in' spirituality. Every early civilisation had it's own spiritual beliefs, too much so for it to be a coincidence in my eyes.

ETA: I've not yet clicked on Angie's link; the above is my own belief after my own reading and research. I'll go and read the links now and report back. Already I can imagine there will be some very far-fetched 'prophecies'

Almost a Veteran Member

25-09-2008, 01:00 PM   #14

The first link I clicked on was the Mayan one, and this is what I believe:

"They say that the world will end in December 2012. The Mayan elders are angry with this. The world will not end. It will be transformed ... Change is accelerating now, and it will continue to accelerate.' "

Angie, you mention the astronomical parts. This fascinates me, and I do believe that there is something behind astrology - although I can't decide exactly what.

The Egyptians built their pyramids and Sphynx in reflection of the stars in the sky in the years they built them. Humans have always been fascinated by the stars and what they mean to us.

If the Mayans have predicited a huge change to affect the Earth in 2012, partly deduced from the cosmos, that's the most believeable thing I've heard of all the 2012 rumours.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-09-2008, 03:47 PM   #15

I dont want this to sound as if I am disrespectful of your beliefs meep, but I just keep saying to myself ...

"so what happened to the Age of Aquarius?"

Jupiter aligned with Mars and ......... they shrugged and said "whatever ................"?

Almost a Veteran Member

28-09-2008, 07:45 PM   #16

Angie, it's not at all disrespectful! I enjoy discussion and debate; also, what I've posted so far isn't my solid, unmoving belief, but the most feasible conclusion I can come to after thinking about all the different stories and evidence. I would say I'm spiritually open, and that's where my integrity lies, but welcome further discussion to expand my beliefs further

I'll have to admit ignorance here, and don't know much about the Age of Aquarius (apart from the song in Godspell!)

I don't 100% belive that in 2012 something will happen, but in a way it is wishful thinking as I often despair at all the awful stories from around the world, and the way it seems to be going; and in a way, a change to the world as we know it would be welcome!

I was doing some more reading and some astrologers were saying that if people expect something to happen in 2012 they'll then see coincidences that they otherwise wouldn't have in 2011, and so create their own change.

I would love to hear more about the Age of Aquarius