Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: not sure
15-09-2014, 02:25 AM   #1

Litter Box Use

Cheddar and Devon were used to doing rotations here due to a foster that I did not trust to be left loose with them. She was adopted as of Sunday so our routine has changed to them being loose the whole time I am home. They would only use the litter boxes in their crate when it was my foster's turn to be let out and very seldom used the one outside the crate. I have noticed that they are still not really using the other litter box. I crate them during feeding time for my dogs and they both used it right away. I don't want them to hold it for so long. Is there anything I can do to encourage using the other litter box or will they just get used to using it on their own?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-09-2014, 09:16 AM   #2

Re: Litter Box Use

This may sound a bit yucky, but if you transfer a little bit of used litter (with a bit of wee) into the unused box, they may just realise they could use that one too. Just my immediate thought there!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: not sure
15-09-2014, 10:05 PM   #3

I never thought of that. I'll see if it works.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
15-09-2014, 10:43 PM   #4

Also you might try putting the trays as near to each other as you can.