Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: mancoon
Mikec is Male
25-09-2014, 12:30 AM   #11

Re: problem with our cat

Thanks for your replies,
i`ll try and answer some questions and update you...
First off he dosn`t really have a name.. When he was with my Aunt she called Him Pam... (no wonder the poor lads confused. ), We didn`t feel comfortable with that,but still havn`t come up with a name that suits him... so it`s matey, boy, lad, puss or come here you little Git.. either way he got under our skin and is loved.
While we were away he had exactly the same access as he did when we were at home and was free to come and go as he pleased,
The feliway we put in place seams to have calmed him down a little as he now is more comfortable coming in to the house and eating, though he still only inhabits the ground floor of the house, and usualy heads out again when he he is done, though i`m hoping this may change when the colder weather draws in.I have taken to closing the window when he comes in in the morning for his feed, and he then usualy sleeps by the window until my brother lets him out around about midday,I`m doing this to try and make him feel comfortable in the house and he does not seam to be stressed by it.When he doe`s go out he usualy stays within eyesight of the doors, he dosn`t hide and comes if one of us calls him.
While we still have not seen another cat, i saw something the other night that was interesting, their was a documentary on the television about cat behavior, one of the items showed a resident cat being chased out of it`s home by a naighborghs cat.. and that cat`s behavior was exactly like our lad... i think thats what has happened here

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
25-09-2014, 01:28 PM   #12

Sounds like your little chap is starting to trust you again. Hopefully he will forget all about whatever it was that upset him. Hope you think of a name for him soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
25-09-2014, 03:44 PM   #13

thanks for the update, glad things are improving

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
25-09-2014, 03:45 PM   #14

sorry about the multiple posts, pc playing up, maybe a mod can remove the surplus ?