Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
06-03-2014, 08:45 PM   #21

Re: Change in behaviours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natp263
Thanks guys you're very kind. I think she must be feeling better the living room was a right state this morning her toys were everywhere x
brilliant

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
07-03-2014, 02:46 PM   #22

Hi & welcome to Catsey

Beth is beautiful x

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Tabby
07-03-2014, 02:47 PM   #23

Hi

Thank you hope you're ok

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Tabby
13-03-2014, 09:56 AM   #24

Guys!! We were doing so well!! Beth went a whole week chilled out and happy, she hadn't pooed anywhere and became lovely and cuddly and then last night my partner went to say goodnight before we were going to bed and she swiped for him and started hissing, she then ran away and got herself stuck behind the wardrobe, when I got her out she wee'd everywhere!! She kept hissing at us and going for us, we had no option but to put her outside for a little bit. It's made me very sad I feel like I'm missing something or doing something wrong!!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
13-03-2014, 01:18 PM   #25

Hi Nat, there will always be setbacks in any animals behaviour. It could have been anything that frightened Beth. She could have suffered a trauma that your partner's movements reminded her of. I shouldn't worry too much, she will soon realise she can trust you. She will have weed through fear and she was trying to defend herself. Does she have an inside tray or even 2 so she doesn't have to go outside. Maybe she could have a space to go where she can be by herself. I used to deal with very badly abused dogs and I found that if I just sat near them for a while in a non threatening way, (sometimes this took days), they learnt that I wouldn't hurt them. I just sat close by and over time moved nearer and nearer, never invading their space, speaking sometimes in a very quiet calm voice or not speaking at all. Try and be calm around Beth and always praise her and give treats for good behaviour, never punish bad behaviour. She will come right eventually don't get disheartened.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
13-03-2014, 06:12 PM   #26

Good tips there from fetch's mum, sorry Beth had a little 'turn' yesterday
Being behind the wardrobe may have frightened her so much she lost bladder control and it provoked her anger response. I'm sure given a bit of space and quiet care she'll come around again. Just let her do her own thing around you, she does trust you but may have little setbacks now and again.