Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: moggys
23-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #1

Cats peeing and pooing on the bed.

I have two toms that are always going to the toilet on the bed (human bed) although they have been litter trained for years. Cookie is 9 and Onion is 7. Why are they doing this? We have had no big changes recently apart from the dog, but we got her over a year ago. Please help!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
23-11-2013, 07:16 PM   #2

Re: Cats peeing and pooing on the bed.

Naughty boys,all I can suggest is keeping them out of the bedroom.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
24-11-2013, 12:58 PM   #3

Yep same here. Our eldest cat recently pee'd on my bed. Hes never got into the bedroom since! Unless im there too. Read an article recently where the author claimed this was a compliment to the owner as its the cat saying youre part of its pack. Hmmm - i prefer to keep the door shut!

24-11-2013, 06:02 PM   #4

Yeah the door is now kept shut, but sometimes it is left open as some people forget...

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Oriental
25-11-2013, 08:48 PM   #5

What's their litter tray arrangements?
Something could have happened that you weren't aware of between the animals in the house that set this off.
Do they go outside? Maybe a neighbourhood rival has left them feeling a bit out of sorts?

25-11-2013, 09:17 PM   #6

One of my cats goes outside and sometimes the other. I think I may use feliway for a little time to help calm them down again. If that doesn't work then it may mean a trip to the vets to make sure it isn't a problem with his body.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Oriental
26-11-2013, 12:36 AM   #7

sounds like a plan! gl

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
26-11-2013, 10:28 AM   #8

Not a fun thing to have happen. Strange it's both of them though.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
28-11-2013, 04:35 PM   #9

As Feliss said something's probably upset them..
.. a newcomer to the area, or it could even be something as simple as a change in furniture, new washing powder, scented candles, more human traffic than usual in their usually quiet area..a change in food.

Also as a cat gets older they, like humans, prefer a quieter life; and sometimes new people, or babies, or teenagers, or a change in things can cause stress and anxiety. This can show itself in territorial soiling.

If a physical exam shows nothing then it's behavioural, I expect it's the latter in which case plug in the Feliway and put in some serious detective work on Cookie and Onion, bless them.

I hope you get to the bottom of it (no pun intended).

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
28-04-2014, 06:24 PM   #10

Just been reading the answers and suggestions to this problem as Fecto as weed on the bed twice in the last few days. We recently had a new mattress and luckily kept the plastic cover. This now goes on the bed every morning. We can't lock the cats out of the bedroom so this will have to do. I went upstairs earlier and found that he's weed on the plastic! There have been no changes at all. The only thing I can think might be stressing him is Inky and Swirl seem to be putting up for boss and Inky is doing a lot of growling. Does feliway work for this sort of thing?