Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
30-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #1

Do your cats have "grumpy" days?

You know how much I love my Kizzy cat .... she is gentle, affectionate and trustworthy, quite apart from being beautiful and the Queen of My Heart.

She generally has the same even temperament all the time so it was quite a surprise yesterday when she swiped at Pip several times and didn't want cuddles or smooths from me. She doesn't often care for being picked up so that was nothing new. She retreated to our bedroom and curled up under the cat fleece and slept all day. Luckily, she is back to her usual self today but she did have me a bit worried as it was out of character for her.

Do your cats have "off-days" when they seem grumpy???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
31-10-2013, 12:06 AM   #2

Re: Do your cats have "grumpy" days?

Yes , i think theyre like us , good & bad days. On a good days Amber will tolerate being lifted & talked to for a whole 40/50 seconds, other days after 5/10 secs, she wants down - NOW!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
31-10-2013, 09:42 AM   #3

My Harris does sometimes. Like the other day he wouldn't let me lift him or pet him and he id the most sooky cat usually.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
31-10-2013, 11:37 AM   #4

Yes, it was the "don't touch me" kind of attitude that rang alarm bells for me - suppose she'd hurt herself or had a pain somewhere? As opposed to "just feeling off".

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 BEAUTIFULL CATS!! BEAU AND JOY
JMPARK is Male
31-10-2013, 03:21 PM   #5

Oh Yes!! Joy has "moody" days especially if she wants to do something and either she cann't or we won't let her. If she wants to play, and she get's lazy, and wants us to play with her , say with string and we don't , she get's in a "huff" and start meowing and pulling the mat's up. Her head goes down like to sulk and she will not let you touch her. Beau isn't any where near as moody but does have her momments. It's really funny watching Joy get in a mood.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
10-11-2013, 12:54 PM   #6

Chesi is one of the few cats I know who never has 'off' days, or if he does he keeps them very much to himself. Always happy, gentle, sleepy, snuggly, playful, purring, unassuming, and very loving, (unless he's genuinely unwell at all, and then he goes extra quiet). I wonder what his secret is!