Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: birman persian cross
16-07-2013, 06:39 PM   #1

Absent cat

Hello
This is my first time on this forum and I found it while looking for some advice.
I have a 2 year old persian cross called Maisie she has the fur of a persian but slightly shorter. I thought when we got her she would be mostly an indoor cat, how wrongI was she loves to go outside and apart from the grooming problems this was fine but now she is out most of the time. I only see her for a couple of minutes a day and she now stays out all night. Is this normal behavior or should I be worried, I don,t want to keep her in against her will but I would like to see more of her.
Carol

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Tiger and Lester
16-07-2013, 07:09 PM   #2

Re: Absent cat

Hi Carol, welcome to the forum when my oldest cat Tiger was younger he had a cat-flap and would come and go as he pleased. In summer he would appear for meals and the odd nap but would be outside lounging in the sun, hunting and fighting. I'm sure your cat is just displaying normal cat behaviour

16-07-2013, 07:18 PM   #3

Thanks for that I am sure you are right and its good to know its not just Maisie that likes to spend hours out in the sun.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
16-07-2013, 07:41 PM   #4

It is fairly normal but perhaps there may be some one in the area feeding her also?

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Oriental
17-07-2013, 04:34 PM   #5

It's summer a lot is going on outside for a cat to explore! Do you play with her much?

18-07-2013, 07:23 PM   #6

Hi
I did wonder if she was visiting another house in the street but she is a bit wary of strangers. We do play with her when she comes in she loves to chase the torch beam and we have her toys. I am sure it is hunting poor rodents that keeps her out side we have had four over the last couple of days. I think I am worrying about nothing she just likes the warm weather.

Thanks for advice and I Am making extra fuss of her when she comes in.