Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1 Raggie X boy
18-01-2012, 09:56 PM   #1

Kitten Vocalisation!

i have an absolutely gorgeous Ragdoll mix kitten, that is actually bright orange called Henry. He's 5 months old now and so crazy, but also cuddly and seeks attention all the time. He will be neutered in month because he is quite aggressive! Anyway, he is incredibly vocal and makes noises along with every activity. it's so sweet! Here are his different noises:
Meeowwwwwww - for food
Meee - for attention
Strange, excited barklike warble - that exciting moment when he goes for a toy or when he is running up the stairs

He warbles all the time, is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
18-01-2012, 10:31 PM   #2

Re: Kitten Vocalisation!

I have 4 very talkative cats....
2 Siamese, and 2 Exotics, they talk constantly, like yours has a different sound for different things...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-01-2012, 10:56 PM   #3

Meows and chirrups here. My dear old Merlin used to almost quack, but no warbles!

Oh and photos of the delightfully warbling Henry would be very well received!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
18-01-2012, 11:01 PM   #4

I have a strong silent type
I think it's lovely that Henry is so vocal

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
18-01-2012, 11:30 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickalilly
i have an absolutely gorgeous Ragdoll mix kitten, that is actually bright orange called Henry. He's 5 months old now and so crazy, but also cuddly and seeks attention all the time. He will be neutered in month because he is quite aggressive! Anyway, he is incredibly vocal and makes noises along with every activity. it's so sweet! Here are his different noises:
Meeowwwwwww - for food
Meee - for attention
Strange, excited barklike warble - that exciting moment when he goes for a toy or when he is running up the stairs

He warbles all the time, is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks
When we got Harris at 5 month old and he wasnt neutered either, he was extrmely vocal and evry night woke us up by running about mad in te middle of the night and like your wee cat, warbling very loudly and it went on for ages!!! He is now nearly 2 and has settled now thankfully and i get a full sleep except for him wanting i=under the cover in the early hours of the morning. If hes anything like harris, he will settle down in time. hope that helps xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
18-01-2012, 11:37 PM   #6

my cat is just over a year old and hes very vocal! i can have a convo with him if i meaow back. he meaows when he comes up the stairs, he meaows when he wants food, he meaows if he walks in the room. and he does the most odd chirrp thing when, say like theres a bug on the window and hes excited! its weird it sounds like his jaws moving

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-01-2012, 10:13 AM   #7

Lynz - like monkey chattering? Kizzy does that when she is watching birds on the peanut feeders. Both Merlin and Smudge used to do it too, but Pip not so much.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
19-01-2012, 04:59 PM   #8

harris does that aswell when hes at the window and has so many other noises to indicate what he wants. Skyes main 2 is when she brings us a toy mouse and when she wants fed