Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
26-09-2011, 10:53 AM   #11

Re: Biting necks

Rover was neutered just shy of his six-month birthday. He never got in trouble for the tail-tremble and since he was an only cat, he only had the neighbourhood cats to try to bully. He was noisy enough that he was usually just scooped up by me and taken inside.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 BEAUTIFULL CATS!! BEAU AND JOY
JMPARK is Male
26-09-2011, 11:49 AM   #12

My Two Girls Often Fight And Usually Go For Each Others Nec And Head! If Joy Cannt Get Any Look Ther , She Goes For Beau,s Ear Or Her Bottom, That Makes Her Squeel!!! I Think Joy Is Just After The Start Of Beau,s Tail!! Beau,s Slightly Smaller Than Joy But Chases Her Away And Bites Her Tail Ears Too!! Oh What Fun!!!!!

Cats owned: bengals
19-03-2012, 11:57 PM   #13

Neck biting is a mating ritual, my bengals do it all the time, its a way of making the female still for mating. Once the male is on top and is biting the back of the neck the female crouches down on its belly moving her tail to one side to aid the male to perform. This is usually accompanied by load gutteral meowing. It can be quite scary when you first see it but I assure you this is quite normal