Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-09-2011, 11:03 PM   #11

Re: One of my boys bullying my old boy

Good luck ..... what a very lucky boy Thomas is.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Fabulous moggies!
17-09-2011, 06:38 PM   #12

OH YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS My neighbour popped in today to say her and her husband have taken the last week to seriously consider taking on Thomas and they have decided they would LOVE to!!! She is very concerned that she feels she has taken him away from me but I have reassured her that he has not been happy since the day I bought him home and that he has been terrorising Harvey and holding him hostage under my bed since that day also.

I can not tell you how utterly delighted I am that Thomas is going to such a loving home, honestly she absolutely DOTES on him and has taken umpteen photos of him in her garden throughout the summer, you can see the love in their eyes as they gaze at one another

Now we just need to transfer his home from here to next door... .hmmm this could be confusing for him.... I'm going to give her his bed, his bowl and some of his food that I've been feeding him and she has told me to take my time before we actually do that so that and once everything is round there she will welcome him in (she has never allowed him in except for that one time I went round and he leapt onto her knee in her conservatory).

I think once he is welcomed in, has his bed and a bowl of food, that he will see over there as 'home'. Well I really hope so anyway.

The beauty of all this is that if things don't work out, I know she is such a real softie with animals, caring and loving and no harm will ever come of him.

I SO hope it works out for Thomas and his lovely new owner

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-09-2011, 07:13 PM   #13

What happy, happy news! A win-win soslution.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
17-09-2011, 07:57 PM   #14

How brilliant! I'm so pleased that you managed to find someone who was so willing to take him on, and there was such a strong bond between them already. Far better than another rescue place.

Such a happy ending all round - thank you for sharing the story with us. Hopefully the move will go smoothly.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-09-2011, 08:10 PM   #15

What a lovely story - I said before what a lucky boy Thomas is, and he is! Good luck with it all - certainly in everyone's best interests. Great news.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Fabulous moggies!
19-09-2011, 09:13 PM   #16

Thank you SO much everyone for your lovely replies!

We haven't done the transition yet as I wanted to talk to my children about it all before doing anything. Whilst they are upset (they are only 9 and 6) they understand completely and are happy that we will still see him, being as he will only be living next door!

Fingers crossed that he settled in to his new home, I intend to go over tomorrow with his bed, bowl, etc.

Thanks so much once again, I am so grateful, as always, for all your help and support x