Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
31-08-2011, 06:43 PM   #1

strange but sweet...

I mentioned earlier on in the associations thread that Cloud often waits for me to eat before doing so herself. Now it seems like it's developed into crying at me to get her dinner (which she gets at a set time of day), having some of it, and then, after a few minutes starting to cry at me again.

If I distract her with a toy, she'll quite happily play with it, but the thing which stopped her this evening, and had her go lie down elsewhere was my deciding that my meal was ready and having it...

I appear to have a cat who doesn't appreciate Mummy possibly skipping meals!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
31-08-2011, 07:11 PM   #2

Re: strange but sweet...

That is touching! She loves her mum!

I've always fed mine first so they won't want to help when I'm slicing, dicing, etc. fixing my own;no one cared whether I was fed or not!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
31-08-2011, 07:56 PM   #3

That is strange - I wonder if that is the reason or if there is another factor involved? But very sweet!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
31-08-2011, 09:32 PM   #4

I had a cockatiel who used to do this, whenever I snacked he'd tuck in to his food with relish, coming up for air and to check we were still eating together. Understandable being flock animals ...but a cat doing this, what a sweetie!

As angieh says I wonder what Cloud's reasoning could be! Perhaps the very act of you preparing dins or eating gets her hungry and sets her body up for food.