Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
17-04-2009, 09:00 AM   #1

Leos problem

Hi,
Right where to start, Leo had been having trouble with his toilet habits a few months ago where he would poop behind the settee, we put things on the floor so he couldn't go there anymore which worked, then he moved into a corner in the dining room and started pooping there, now my bfs put more stuff there which stopped that as well. After that Leo has not pooped on the floor for about 3 weeks if not longer.
Then yesterday my bf had just come in from work gave Leo some fuss then got in the shower, when he got out Leo had pooped in another corner, he could get to his litter tray no problem .

Also Ive noticed that sometimes I see Leo just trying to ''go the toilet'' in his tray but nothin happens. Also every so often he does one loud meow... Is there a problem with his insides if he does that do you think?

P.s I think he is also food aggressive, when we eat he is all over us trying to steel a bite. The other day I gave him some chicken and when he took it off me he growled and snatched it out of my fingers!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
17-04-2009, 09:45 AM   #2

Re: Leos problem

Hmmm, as you may know my Eva is an inapropriate pooper, has been for years now. We did think we had this licked after her reiki therapy but it has begun again. Throughout the years I have tried absolutely everything from experimanting with different litters, litter boxes, placements of litter boxes, feliway, rescue remedy, cat behaviourist, you name it and I tried it. That said I hope you can correct it in your kitty.
Now you say he seems to have a little trouble pooping on ocassion, are his poops very dry and hard when he does manage to go? I would suggest a vet visit and have him checked over. Constipation can be painful and he may associate the pain with the litter box. Does he eat wet and dry food? Does he drink much? Many times constipation occurrs because there is not enough fluid intake. You may want to try adding some water to his food and try to monitor his drinking habits.
As for the food aggression, he's being a cheeky monkey , I'd suggest not feeding him from your plate and possibly keep him out of the room while you eat.
All the best to you both xxx

Catsey Veteran

17-04-2009, 10:55 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine

Now you say he seems to have a little trouble pooping on ocassion, are his poops very dry and hard when he does manage to go? I would suggest a vet visit and have him checked over. Constipation can be painful and he may associate the pain with the litter box. Does he eat wet and dry food? Does he drink much? Many times constipation occurrs because there is not enough fluid intake. You may want to try adding some water to his food and try to monitor his drinking habits.
As for the food aggression, he's being a cheeky monkey , I'd suggest not feeding him from your plate and possibly keep him out of the room while you eat.
All the best to you both xxx
*His poops are can be both runny and dry.
*He eats dry biscuits coz he's poops were wet all the time when he had wet food (I have been thinkin of trying him on some wet food again though)
*Yeah he does drink quite a bit, which I though wasn't a good sign but that's coz I hardly ever saw my cat drink a lot)

What makes it harder is that I don't live with Leo so I cant see what his patterns are like and my bf is at work in the day.

For the food thing, He knows not to jump on the table when we are eating but we were sat in the front room watchin tv and that was new to him but he wasnt as bad as he use to be, he just sat on he chair arm watchin so I gave him a treat lol.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-04-2009, 02:17 PM   #4

Quote:
Also Ive noticed that sometimes I see Leo just trying to ''go the toilet'' in his tray but nothin happens. Also every so often he does one loud meow... Is there a problem with his insides if he does that do you think?
IMO this would indicate that he's having painful problems on these occasions. I would take him to the vet. As Elaine said, if he is having a painful time at the litter tray he will avoid going there as he associates the tray with pain. That would be at least one reason why he is pooping elsewhere.

Catsey Veteran

17-04-2009, 03:04 PM   #5

Probably best to discuss this with a vet if his poo is both dry and runny and he is drinking alot.
He's just a youngster isnt he?

Catsey Veteran

17-04-2009, 03:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Probably best to discuss this with a vet if his poo is both dry and runny and he is drinking alot.
He's just a youngster isnt he?
Yeah erm 8 months now

Catsey Veteran

17-04-2009, 03:30 PM   #7

http://www.colon-cleanse-constipatio...stipation.html
http://www.executec.com/constip8.htm
I dont know if the above links may help to shed some light on what is going on with Leo.
Is Leo your b/f's cat?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
24-04-2009, 08:24 AM   #8

Sorry to hear that you are having poop problems with Leo, how are things going with him are they any better at all?

Catsey Veteran

24-04-2009, 10:23 AM   #9

Quote:
Is Leo your b/f's cat?
Sorry Elaine only just seen this, yeah he's my bfs cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesy
Sorry to hear that you are having poop problems with Leo, how are things going with him are they any better at all?
Yeah they seem to be getting better he's not done it anywhere else apart from his litter tray since, all we need to do now is to get him to go the toilet outside.
When I was round last weekend and it was warm, we had him out in the garden for quite a while and when he came in he used his litter tray...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
24-04-2009, 11:01 AM   #10

Yeah they seem to be getting better he's not done it anywhere else apart from his litter tray since, all we need to do now is to get him to go the toilet outside.
When I was round last weekend and it was warm, we had him out in the garden for quite a while and when he came in he used his litter tray...[/quote]

LOL Thats like Maxi & Maisy they can be outside then they come in to use the litter tray, Maisy has now over the last few days done a couple of wee`s outside but that was on some fresh compost that we had just put down and not the soil, so maybe try that put some compost down to get him started