Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-04-2009, 11:35 PM   #41

Re: New Koko problem

Glad she is eating etc and the wound is healing well. I'd give the follow up a miss too if the wound still looks clean.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Havana brown, Bengal
26-04-2009, 09:53 PM   #42

This is prob my last post on this thread, Koko is well and much quieter. She - despite the glued edges - found some threads in her wound which she delights in pulling, but as they are supposed to be dissolvable I have ignored as the area seems clean and flat, no redness.

She was very quiet for a few days and only today, a week later, does her bounce seem to have come back. She will not let me within five feet -certainly still untouchable. But somehow not so jittery.

The weather has been gorgeous, and I have been out in my very small, very protected garden planting up pots and baskets and Koko has been a great help ( ) not. She loves being out with me chasing those buzzy things and ducking when those big birds swoop - we get a lot of starlings being near the Somerset flats.

Oh and she hasn't peed in my bed either. Poor wee thing - subject to big peoples wants and not hers, I really do feel a bit guilty - soppy me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
26-04-2009, 09:56 PM   #43

Hope she continues to improve - glad to hear she enjoys being a garden assistant.

We've not had a pic of her for ages

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Havana brown, Bengal
26-04-2009, 09:59 PM   #44

Hint hint? OK I'll try tomorrow in the daylight! She is rushing about with her ping pong ball at the moment, far to busy to stop and pose.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-04-2009, 10:50 PM   #45

Glad her bounce is back; I do hope she'll gradually become more approachable as time goes on and all those hormones are out of her system, bless her. Yes, pics would be nice!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
26-04-2009, 11:08 PM   #46

Glad to hear that she is recovering nicely and all is well , hope to see some pics soon.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: domestic
28-04-2009, 04:11 PM   #47

Glad to hear shes ok and stopped peeing. The basket story reminded me of Mindy. Whenever she was to go to the vet I'd have to hide the basket till the very last minute. If she saw it, she would slink upstairs and hide under the bed!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-04-2009, 04:24 PM   #48

Lol, Netty, I think that belongs in the Cats Laws thread; don't know how we missed that one!

If you see the cat carrier being brought out, hide instantly!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: domestic
28-04-2009, 05:18 PM   #49

She was smart! Benny, however isn't. Hes so greedy, all you need to do is put a plate of meat into it and in he goes, job done, no lacerations!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-04-2009, 05:36 PM   #50

I am glad Koko is mending well. Perhaps all her troubles have been due to those hormones. She's well rid of them IMO I don't think you have any reason to feel guilty!