Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
17-04-2009, 06:36 PM   #31

Re: New Koko problem

Sooo pleased that everything went well with getting Koko to the vets, hope that she isn`t to upset with you when you get her home

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Havana brown, Bengal
17-04-2009, 09:02 PM   #32

Koko is home - shaved and feeling a little sorry for herself. But surprisingly not much. She wanted food placed where it normally was, then only tasted rather than full scale munch.

She doesn't seem to have an aversion to me or leaping about. they said keep her quiet, um. how? No collar, which surprised me but they said bring her back in 5 days for a check. yea right.

Oh I had a phone call after they had begun to say she was in early pregnancy - I did point out that was impossible, and in the end of course they were wrong, Anyway early days, see how she goes. Me and Mum feel quite sorry for her.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
17-04-2009, 09:07 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokytopaz
Koko is home - shaved and feeling a little sorry for herself. But surprisingly not much. She wanted food placed where it normally was, then only tasted rather than full scale munch.

She doesn't seem to have an aversion to me or leaping about. they said keep her quiet, um. how? No collar, which surprised me but they said bring her back in 5 days for a check. yea right.

Oh I had a phone call after they had begun to say she was in early pregnancy - I did point out that was impossible, and in the end of course they were wrong, Anyway early days, see how she goes. Me and Mum feel quite sorry for her.
Poor baby - I'm sure she'll be better tomorrow.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
17-04-2009, 09:20 PM   #34

I hope all goes well with her recuperation.
I've only ever had 2 females spayed and neither had a collar

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-04-2009, 09:32 PM   #35

I'm happy she's home and not too upset. Misty didn't have a collar when spayed, nor Leia. Hope she's eating better tomorrow, and how in the world are you going to keep her inactive???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
17-04-2009, 10:18 PM   #36

I think a taste of food is a good sign, humans don't eat much after a GA and the fact that she wanted anything is good. Keeping a cat inactive is always a good one-I thought vets were supposed to understand animals!
Well done for geting her there- I'm sure she will forget and forgive soon and will probably start to calm down- you have done a great job with her and been soooooo patient!

Catsey Junior

18-04-2009, 09:39 PM   #37

First day after her op, she's eaten, used her litter tray and slept a lot, more than normal. When she is awake she is very wary.

I think if there are no probs after four days, I may give the vet a miss. I mean no signs of distress etc etc because I think we would only cause more upset by trying to force her into a basket again at this point. She has no stitches because I requested tissue glue.

One of my siamese girls long ago took out all her own stitches, no problem but I thought I might avoid that. I think it upset me more than her. That was Tia - also a brown havana.

Am I wrong?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
18-04-2009, 09:42 PM   #38

My vet is generally happy to leave it up to me if I should return post op or not.

As long as there's no swelling, discharge or redness, I'd say it'd be safe enough.

Why not call the vet on day four and discuss?

Catsey Junior

18-04-2009, 09:46 PM   #39

Uh huh, the wound is flat and clean today, no redness. If is continues this way I think I'll do just that, she is fine if as I said warier than she had been.

I had her chipped at the same time.

Hopefully this means I will never need to use it!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-04-2009, 10:27 PM   #40

Considering her temperament, if the wound seems to be healing nicely and she's in apparently good health, I'd skip the followup visit too. I'd discuss it with the vet, rather imagine he/she would agree considering what a stressy cat she is. Glad to hear she's eating and toileting OK; the wariness is, unfortunately, what we suspected....

I'd normally say give her a cuddle from me, in this case, please give her an eye-blink instead!!