Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Havana brown, Bengal
15-04-2009, 06:37 PM   #11

Re: New Koko problem

I've been thinking about it all day. I don't think it is a medical problem, as she is as bright as a button in all other ways and using her litter tray.

I think she needs spayed. She is eight months old, had two seasons so far and will prob start another in about ten days.

So - the carry basket is in the living room, feli sprayed, with a cushion is it, some treats hidden and a fav mouse toy.

I still think though I will have to trap her in a towel to get her in and to the vet, but it will have to be done. I'll get her jabs done too........

She will - I hope - settle down after all that. It might be Christmas before she trusts me again tho!!

In the meantime, shut the door!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
15-04-2009, 07:02 PM   #12

All the very best for her op' xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
15-04-2009, 08:00 PM   #13

Ah yes - I never thought to ask if she's had the 'op'. That will probably account for a lot of the trouble you're experiencing.

Please let us know how you get on!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
15-04-2009, 08:41 PM   #14

Hope you get the problem sorted out soon, can`t add to any of the advice you have had already as it is all very good advice.

Catsey Junior

15-04-2009, 09:01 PM   #15

I think they read minds, she has been hiding all evening under the sofa........... sorry Koko, gotta be done!

I wish there were words they would understand, a way to truly communicate that you mean no harm.

Catsey Junior

16-04-2009, 04:58 PM   #16

Okay, decision made. I went to the vet and made her appointment - she goes tomorrow morning. Had long chat with vet nurse, she advised gardening gloves and to be as fast as possible. If it all fails and I can't get her in basket, they said just to call and let them know. They also said if all else fails they could send an experienced handler round! They deal with feral cats so would be able to deal with her.

So all doors and escape routes closed off early am, towel and gardening gloves - poor wee mite, but those teeth are new and sharp!

So about Christmas she will be friends again.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
16-04-2009, 05:47 PM   #17

Do you have a friend or neighbour who would be willing to help with getting Koko into the carrier? It would be a lot easier for you if you had someone there who could quickly close the door of the carrier once you had got her inside.

Good luck tomorrow anyway ........ is it a spay she is booked in for?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-04-2009, 06:04 PM   #18

I do wish you the best of good luck with getting Koko to the vet tomorrow. Do let us know how it goes!

Catsey Junior

16-04-2009, 06:34 PM   #19

Thanks for the good wishes - yes it is a spay - this will I hope calm her down and stop her peeing in my bed. It will certainly stop her screaming at me! While she is there she will get chipped and checked.

At the moment she is popping in and out of the carrier - not that that will help in the morning!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
16-04-2009, 07:29 PM   #20

Good luck tomorrow - I know her popping in and out the carrier just now won't help get her in the carrier but at least she'll be less stressed once in it.

I do hope this will help resolve some of the problems she has.