Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Havana brown, Bengal
03-03-2009, 10:59 PM   #1

Untouchable Koko

Ok. She will come on my knee for treats. She sleeps on my bed. She plays happily around my feet. In all those respects she is behaving so much better.

BUTshe will Not let me touch her,stroke her, or put my hand any where near her. She reacts as if it was an incoming branding iron.

I have tried felifriend, catnip spray and strength. Please don't assume I do this every time she comes near because I don't - maybe once in ten times she is near enough I try and stroke her.

I have come a long way with patience and small steps is this to be the continuing path?

Tonight she gets her water (she drinks a lot!) and her litter tray but she gets no more food until tomorrow morning when I come in to the room. Then she sees (and is bright enough to understand) that food comes from me. So she needs to play nice.

Hmm. No more Mrs Nice Guy - this may not last with me as I will do the thing I have a PHD in - worry.

Oh and don't tell me to pick her up and make her, last time I did that she hid from me for two days.

Oh please more advice!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats 1 tabby and 1 ragdoll
03-03-2009, 11:17 PM   #2

Re: Untouchable Koko

my cat who ive had since she was 6 wks old,so ud think she'd be ok with me,IS NOT!!,she is just over 11 nths old now,at nite or first thing in the morning its hard to get her out my living room,so i can close the door,she wont let me pick her up,she runs away,i have to use things thst trail on the ground to tempt her,or her most favourite thing she will actually come over for is coins ,i throw a coin up the hall n she goes chasing it.or she escapes out into the stair when im letting the dog in,after ive took him out for a pee,or let the other cat in,from outside,i cant get her even then,up n down the hall up n down the 3 steps to the back door..................... i eventually catch her but she cries likes ive just hit her or something,weird cat

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-03-2009, 11:18 PM   #3

It does sound as if you'll have to dig a bit deeper in the patience barrel, but she's come a long long way from your first posts. I'd say just continue what you're doing...like the idea of her associating you with food! Maybe the butter-on-finger bit you mentioned ealier? Hang in there!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Havana brown, Bengal
03-03-2009, 11:22 PM   #4

More patience require DM! I know. But she is so sweet and so nice in every way (now) than she was. She is thundering about above my head at the moment playing with her new oversized marble - we lost the old one some time ago.

I am moving to the food bit big time now.

Till I worry.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-03-2009, 11:27 PM   #5

Off topic, but the marble thing reminded me does she like ping pong balls?

Cats owned: 2 rescue cats
09-03-2009, 04:42 AM   #6

I can't offer any help here unfortunately but my two little girls are exactly the same! They started off just like Koko (as I mentioned earlier) and are progressing along the same lines... I'm just trying to be patient with them They will need to get used to some degree of handling on occasion though, due to worming/fleaing/vets visits.