Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Havana brown, Bengal
19-02-2009, 06:25 PM   #1

My mistake!

Koko is learning to talk, she is not yet in heat although that cannot be long is coming.

The chat she is doing at the moment is typical Siamese chat, almost understandable. She is swearing a lot, I put it down to her own nervousness. She was at the top of the stairs and my Mum was at the bottom sitting at the computor. Koko felt that Mum should move so she could safely come downstairs, I know she was swearing!

The 'Come and get me' yowl is quite a lot louder and uses quite different sounds!

Do I get her in her basket and then ring the vet? She really will not accept willingly being picked up. So in order to keep her calm I don't try. I try and stroke her when she is within reach but talk about a scalded cat!

I think I will go and chat to the vet first.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-02-2009, 09:04 PM   #2

Re: My mistake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokytopaz
Koko is learning to talk, she is not yet in heat although that cannot be long is coming.

The chat she is doing at the moment is typical Siamese chat, almost understandable. She is swearing a lot, I put it down to her own nervousness. She was at the top of the stairs and my Mum was at the bottom sitting at the computor. Koko felt that Mum should move so she could safely come downstairs, I know she was swearing!

The 'Come and get me' yowl is quite a lot louder and uses quite different sounds!

Do I get her in her basket and then ring the vet? She really will not accept willingly being picked up. So in order to keep her calm I don't try. I try and stroke her when she is within reach but talk about a scalded cat!

I think I will go and chat to the vet first
Think that's what I'd do too. It's been many years since my Siamese went to the Bridge, but I remember well how talkative he was...much much more so than any other cat I've had. And you're right, you can almost tell what they're saying.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
19-02-2009, 10:18 PM   #3

My Seal Point boy Casper was verry quiet till he was about 8 months old, then found his voice and has not stopped talking since...

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 cats 1 tabby and 1 ragdoll
19-02-2009, 10:27 PM   #4

fortunately cass hasnt found her voice,coz the other cat makes enough noise,n the dog whines alot

Catsey Junior

19-02-2009, 11:28 PM   #5

You know you are right Moli, its as though they have to find their voice, and having found it they use it. A lot. I love it!!

She plays hard, at the moment there is a lot of noise from her oversized marble which gets batted about until she loses it it then she will come and tell everyone that her marble is missing and will I come and find it NOW.

So how do I make her allow me to touch her, pick her up and stuff her into a cat basket?

Ok I know, time and trust time and trust.

Catsey Junior

19-02-2009, 11:31 PM   #6

And having let me pick her up and put her in said basket I trek her off to the vet, get her spayed, injected and shaved (o! the horror) - then spend six months apologising?

Catsey Veteran

19-02-2009, 11:32 PM   #7

It will come, I know its annoying having to wait, but patience is the only answer...My 2 boys are both very vocal, and want cuddles when they decide, neither of them like to be picked up unless they want it!!!

She will settle down once she is spayed.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-02-2009, 11:39 PM   #8

My Siamese boy was like that too ...very affectionate and cuddly ....when HE was in the mood! I do miss the talkativeness: when I got home from work, he'd tell me he was going to tell me about his day, then told me, then told me what he'd just told me! He could talk for hours! When I moved house, he was shut upstairs in a back room with food, water, litter box and a favorite chair while the movers were here: and he screamed NON-STOP for 4 hours!!! I never knew a cat could do that and not get laryngitis......

Catsey Junior

19-02-2009, 11:45 PM   #9

Oh yes Dandysmom, my little Tia (also a brown havana) could scream for hours, mainly all the way to the coast in her basket all the way to her favourite place, when she got out stretched, yawned and went off to check everything was where she had left it. Played happily for weeks, then screamed all the way back home - repeat performance. The trip was about six hours. Very wearing. I had to keep quiet because if she heard my voice she got louder and more vociferous.

So I looked and waited and looked and waited until I found another Brown Havana female.

Madness.

Catsey Veteran

19-02-2009, 11:48 PM   #10

When I got Oliver, my Black Oriential, he had a Havana Sister, she was absolutely stunning, if she had been a boy would have taken him home too.....