Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-02-2009, 09:31 PM   #11

Re: Koko makes progress

Hi, PixieKitty, why not go to the Introductions section and tell us a bit about yourself and your two; we can give you a proper welcome there! And maybe post some pics of your two!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Havana brown, Bengal
16-02-2009, 11:00 PM   #12

Koko really does make progress every day. She is still very very nervous, But she now accepts that I am allowed to be in the room and she does not have to hide from me. This morning she decided she really need to know what was in my mug so she marched over my knee, put her feet on the coffee table just so she could sniff the tea mug.
She now feels she has to be in the same room as me when she is awake, but really is not ready to be cuddled. I expect one day she will by mistake.
Pixiekittie, we will have to keep on offering little delicious slivers of things and be rewarded by the tiny gentle touch of a nose on the end of a finger for a couple of weeks yet.
She has decided that my toes (under the cover of a quilt) are prime objects for attack and much pouncing and bottom wiggling goes on - yes she is ON my bed as well as under it.
Getting help here really made a difference, I would have been so upset if I had had to give her back!
Vet is still pretty distant tho!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
16-02-2009, 11:09 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokytopaz
Koko really does make progress every day. She is still very very nervous, But she now accepts that I am allowed to be in the room and she does not have to hide from me. This morning she decided she really need to know what was in my mug so she marched over my knee, put her feet on the coffee table just so she could sniff the tea mug.
She now feels she has to be in the same room as me when she is awake, but really is not ready to be cuddled. I expect one day she will by mistake.
Pixiekittie, we will have to keep on offering little delicious slivers of things and be rewarded by the tiny gentle touch of a nose on the end of a finger for a couple of weeks yet.
She has decided that my toes (under the cover of a quilt) are prime objects for attack and much pouncing and bottom wiggling goes on - yes she is ON my bed as well as under it.Getting help here really made a difference, I would have been so upset if I had had to give her back!
Vet is still pretty distant tho!!
So pleased she is now confident enough to play - even if she does not know the thing that moves under the covers is you!

I am sure you will get there one day.

Catsey Veteran

16-02-2009, 11:13 PM   #14

That's such good news, she's getting less and less wary every day!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Havana brown, Bengal
16-02-2009, 11:15 PM   #15

She plays very enthusiastically! For such a small delicate cat she can sure thump as she belts up and down the stairs, kills the front door mat and skids across the bathroom floor after her supersized marble!

She is a joy and will become more relaxed as she grows.

I hope!

Catsey Veteran

16-02-2009, 11:21 PM   #16

That always amuses me: they can move as quietly as a wisp of smoke when they want to, but coming down the stairs they can sound like an invading army! I'll be so glad when Koko is relaxed enough that you can get some pics of her! Love the toe-pouncing bit!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
17-02-2009, 12:28 AM   #17

That is really great news to hear that Koko is becoming alot more confidant and happy around you , I am so pleased for the pair of you, and with time the bond that you have got already will just continue to deepen .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
17-02-2009, 10:41 AM   #18

Good to hear of the progress