Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
23-06-2006, 05:18 PM   #11

Re: For all those green fingered members..

I've seen Mags' Morning Glory and think I am hooked. Morning Glory is also one you mentioned dandysmom - looks like I will be scouring the garden centres for a couple then

Anyone know how wide they spread. Read somewhere that it grows to 2-3m high. Also the seeds have toxic properties and contain a substance similar in properties to LSD

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
23-06-2006, 05:19 PM   #12

Indeed Fran
Was going to mention that but thought I'd leave my sixties past where it belongs!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-06-2006, 08:12 PM   #13

That is true about morning glory seeds, but it's highly unlikely that the cats would eat them...! Also, the morning glory, moonvine & cardinal climber are all annuals & usually planted from seed; have never seen any of them potted up in garden centers, at least here. Nasturtiums are usually started as seeds, but can get them potted. That's what I meant about it being late in the season; sorry if I wasn't clear...meant if you start them as seeds, they might not make a very respectable showing this Summer. Never heard of that Russian vine; sounds interesting...will Google! Of course, there is also the infamous Kudzu vine...also known as the vine that ate the South...!! Incredibly rampant grower, don't think you would want one