Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
17-10-2007, 11:43 PM   #21

Re: Where do you shop

I shop every day!!! I'm addicted, I buy things I don't use, I never have a list (cos I don't look at it in the shop anyway) and I never have a clue what we are eating until on the day. If I bought in bulk then I would forget what I have bought and it would end up in the bin! There are things in my freezer such as bogof's and things on offer and then I don't fancy them! I shouldn't shop when I'm hungry but I do and OMG I must get more organised!!!

I don't shop on line as I would miss squeezing the toms and smelling the bread and such

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
18-10-2007, 08:09 AM   #22

Used to do Tesco.com every week & it worked well, but now I'm so busy I never seem to be able to organise doing the shopping on line & finding a suitable delivery slot.

My husband does our food shop once a week now, in Asda. He's great, he buys exactly what we need for the week & doesn't overspend or buy stuff we don't want. We don't shop inbetween. (Although we are near a big Morrisons & a Tesco express if we do need anything) We have a milkman everyday & hubby buys his paper from the local shop on his way to work!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
18-10-2007, 09:43 AM   #23

Waitrose for me, and when time is a premium; Ocado (Waitrose online facility). I tried using the Savacentre (giant Sainsbury's) we have here, but I get lost just going round the place! I also like to get my food in a food shop and not be distracted by clothes, hifis and tvs and all the other gubbins these stores now sell!

I used to write a list, but as I'm a creature of habit I tend to buy more or less the same stuff I don't usually bother now, which I shortsighted as I regularly forget things

OH will stop off at Waitrose most nights for top ups and wine during the week, but I usually go once a week with Sebastian on a Friday before picking Dominik up from school.

I have several of these hessian shopping bags which I will use, and only take carrier bags when these are full. I do, however keep all my bags in my sweet little Cath Kidston bag sausage, and reuse them around the house

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
18-10-2007, 06:39 PM   #24

We shop mostly in Tesco's, their clubcard scheme is fantastic! As Morrisons is nearer I do go in there to 'top up' and I love their salad bar. We occasionally use tesco.com, never had any probs with it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
18-10-2007, 08:28 PM   #25

What a cosmopolitan lot we are.....variety is the spice of life. Thanks all I plan to shop once a month then top up fresh weekly.
Just keep your fingers crossed I get organised.

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-10-2007, 08:50 PM   #26

I forgot to add in my post that I only get staples in my bi-weekly online delivery order. I'm far, far too picky for anyone to select fruit and vegetables for me!!! Those I get at the organic market where I can inspect them closely!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
18-10-2007, 09:04 PM   #27

safeway..it's the only decent store that has almost everything i want in town..(we kind of live in the boonies)...but i stock up on my beverages at walmart because the prices are so much lower than the grocery stores around here.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
18-10-2007, 09:06 PM   #28

We shop once a fortnight at Asda, I buy in fresh stuff, bread, milk etc.. as we need it and will use Asda or Morrisons for this. I am considering trying Tesco or safeway, just for the variety, I'm a bit bored with Asda/Morrisons, however, on the odd occasions I have used Tesco, I find it to be considerably dearer than Asda. We have a small Tesco attached to our local petrol station and I find it expensive and the products I have tried do not compare with Asda at all. The club points are great but don't compensate for the higher prices and lesser quality imo. I have used Asda online delivery service in the past when I was working but got very frustrated at alternative items being sent or items missing. All in all, of all the supermarkets I have shopped at, Asda get's my thumbs up really, especially their curry deli counter

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-10-2007, 09:22 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
We shop once a fortnight at Asda, I buy in fresh stuff, bread, milk etc.. as we need it and will use Asda or Morrisons for this. I am considering trying Tesco or safeway, just for the variety, I'm a bit bored with Asda/Morrisons, however, on the odd occasions I have used Tesco, I find it to be considerably dearer than Asda. We have a small Tesco attached to our local petrol station and I find it expensive and the products I have tried do not compare with Asda at all. The club points are great but don't compensate for the higher prices and lesser quality imo. I have used Asda online delivery service in the past when I was working but got very frustrated at alternative items being sent or items missing. All in all, of all the supermarkets I have shopped at, Asda get's my thumbs up really, especially their curry deli counter
You don't have a "no substitutions" option, then?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
18-10-2007, 09:51 PM   #30

Yes, I think we do Eileen. No sure about ASDA as I haven't shopped there for many years (there isn't one local to me), but at Waitrose (Ocado) you have the option to reject the substitution. There's a deal running at the moment where they will give you £50 off your next shop if they have to sub more that 3 items and you choose not to have them.

That's cool by me