Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-11-2006, 09:56 PM   #1

New Rose

http://www.heirloomroses.com/cgi/bro...=20&fullsize=1Got a catalogue from the place I ordered roses from two years ago, and could not resist this one, even though I really have no room for another in my small city lot. Gorgeous color, will squeeze it in somehow this Spring! Edited to say I did something wrong; the picture is there but you have to click on the link! One of these days I'll figure this out...anyway, please click: it's stunning!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
19-11-2006, 10:15 PM   #2

Re: New Rose

That is a real beauty, would love one of those...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
19-11-2006, 10:16 PM   #3

Thats a stunning coloured rose there Dm, is it a climber or a shrub rose? does it have scent at all?

Catsey Veteran

19-11-2006, 10:24 PM   #4

Moli, thanks for fixing that for me!!!

Catsey Veteran

19-11-2006, 10:30 PM   #5

Kazz, it's a shrub rose with an intensely spicy clove scent, according to the catalogue. It's a relatively small rose, 2 1/2 feet tall, 3 1/2 feet wide (one reason I can sandwich it in somewhere!) Moli kindly fixed it so you can see the picture, but if you do click on the link it shows the catalogue name, Heirloom Roses. They specialize in own root roses and older varieties, as well as hybrid teas. I got three from them two years ago and all are flourishing and extremely healthy; don;t need constant spraying and coddling.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
20-11-2006, 12:31 AM   #6

What a beautiful colour!! I would love that in my garden - it would help colour up a boring garden

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
20-11-2006, 12:33 AM   #7

That's a really gorgeous rose Eileen!

Catsey Veteran

20-11-2006, 02:29 AM   #8

http://www.heirloomroses.com/cgi/bro...=11&fullsize=1Read through the Ordering page in the catalogue and they don't mention overseas shipping, so suppose they don't. Anyhow, the name of the rose is Midnight Blue; maybe it's available at UK nurseries if anyone wants one. There is another gorgeous one, also a shrub rose in the same color called Ebb Tide; that's only available on phone or mail orders, not on the Web, so can't post a picture. I like unusually colored roses; have s stunning coppery orange one from this company called Louise Clements. Will try to post a pic. Drat! Got the link again, not the picture; still doing it wrong!