Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
10-09-2008, 07:24 AM   #1

Daily Thread Wenesday

Morning all
Feeling lousy. Have been up half the night cleaning up poop, am really tired and irritable again and to top that off my tummy is playing up now too.
Hope you are all well xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
10-09-2008, 10:34 AM   #2

Re: Daily Thread Wenesday

Maybe Eva's got a bug rather than being stressed then, if you're coming down with similar?

I was in bed by 1/2 8 yesterday. I was trying to do Domi's homework with him and my eyes just kept closing. Feeling a bit better today, but I think I need a week of early nights and no wine to give my poor old bod a chance of recovery

Sebi was still very clingy when I left him at nursery this morning, but I sense it was more out of anger than upset. He cries differently and as I was leaving it was definitely like the start of a tantrum rather than genuine upset. We'll see.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
10-09-2008, 11:53 AM   #3

Morning all,

It's a lovely sunny day here at last so it's out in the garden for me this afternoon!

John Lewis have just delivered our new TV, can't wait to see it in position after the bulky analogue one...

Elaine
~ it sounds like you have picked up a bug as well as Eva and I expect cleaning up after her is the last thing you feel like doing. Try to rest as much as possible and I hope you'll feel better soon.....(((hugs)))

Yola
~ I hope you'll feel better soon as well ....... sounds like there is a bug going around again.
I know what you are going through with Sebi at nursery, my daughter was the same....I used to hate leaving her there crying. Unfortunately she was the same with Infant and Junior schools. I was at my wits end with her and took her to the doctor to see if he could help. He said she had School Phobia......I didn't even know there was such a thing but it seems there is.. I hope Sebi's is not as bad as Sue's was.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
10-09-2008, 12:36 PM   #4

Elaine - hope you feel better soon, get plenty of fluids and rest!

Yola - sorry to hear Sebi wasn't thrilled with nursery this morning, he probably settled just after you left though.

Nothing special happening here today, a bit of washing, a bit of housework, a bit more puppy training - he responds to his name, sits, does "down", knows what "bedtime" means, he usually responds to "off" as well (actually it's more like "Gerroff!" as he gets attached to OH's trousers!) but the toilet- training is having a slight relapse!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-09-2008, 12:48 PM   #5

Oh sorry you're not feeling better today Elaine - I read your previous thread before this one.

Sorry I've not been around a lot - been busy, stripping out the lounge and getting it ready for decorating. Our Dennis is coming in next Monday to start cleaning and wallpaper stripping, and then the plasterer is coming in next Thursday (18th). We have SO MUCH JUNK in the lounge, it's unbelievable - but somehow not all of it is "rubbish" just "stuff". Nearly all the furniture is now in our nice newly decorated bedroom - all adds up to a bit of a pickle! We had a furniture maker around this morning to ask his advice and get a quote for a bespoke unit to take books, videos, CDs, DVDs and TV/Sky box/DVD player etc. He bought some photos of work he's already done and it looks like he does excellent work and a good communicative young chap too! We shall see - I think it would look a whole lot nicer than separate bits of free standing furniture.

Still need to get a few more questions for the quiz tonight - so hope to see plenty of people there tonight - Games, Jokes and Funnies at 8.00!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
10-09-2008, 02:02 PM   #6

Angie - how exciting you're redecorating! I love interior decorating and home improvement

Elaine - sorry to hear that neither you, or Eva, is feeling too good I can sympathise with tired and irritable, I am the last person you want to derive of sleep and the only time I'll be angry at cats is when woken up at 3am and they won't let up. Hopefully you'll get a good night's sleep tonight!

Just another normal day here - to be honest, I'm beginning to feel a bit bored generally from day-to-day with monotony of work. Got plans for the weekend, but need something to spice up the weekdays and nights. Got core balls at the gym after work which I love. Lots of fun giggling and rolling around on the stability ball, don't really break a sweat, but the next day my muscles are always aching and I'm starting to get signs of muscle definition on my tummy! Oh and it's Desperate Housewives tonight on tv

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
10-09-2008, 04:00 PM   #7

Oh poor Yola and Elaine, seems there is a nasty bug doing the rounds. Posh just had one episode of runny bum then no more. OH's tummy always a bit dicey, he has IBS anyway.
Angie, sorry can't make the Quiz tonight, I'm off down the pub with my girlfriends, the old pals from school.

Great afternoon here, even some sun to bask in, quite hot in the car Have been to enrol in the University for my course starting next month. Felt all of my years in the line-up! but they were lovely people and I 'm sure I'll enjoy it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-09-2008, 04:59 PM   #8

Sorry to hear so many people are feeling poorly today, do take care of yourselves.
Yesterdays rain preceded a cold front; was only 16C when I got up this morning, and has only risen to 20 now; quite a change. Jeans and long sleeved tee today! But will be back to normal by the weekend.

PP: will miss you at the quiz tonight, but hope you have a nice girls night out!
meep: if you're back by 8 tonight, want to give the quiz a try?

Sorry, didn't mean to underline that......take care, people.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
10-09-2008, 05:57 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
PP: will miss you at the quiz tonight, but hope you have a nice girls night out!
meep: if you're back by 8 tonight, want to give the quiz a try?

Sorry, didn't mean to underline that......take care, people.....

Sorry Eileen thats the first thing that has made me smile all day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
10-09-2008, 07:44 PM   #10

Hi all,
The cat with the ruptured bladder survived!
He's still on fluids etc but so bright and eating now. I'm so pleased! Another long day and I'll be going down to check on him but so totally worth it. I'm on such a high.
We also found the owner of a little stray cay wo came in after an RTA with a fractured pelvis today so she's gone home after three weeks!
Good day all round.