Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-12-2009, 10:29 PM   #11

Re: Boxing day 26th

Whoops, missed the play on words completely! And shouldn't have, as we use poach in that sense also! Apologies never needed among friends!

Catsey Veteran

26-12-2009, 10:31 PM   #12

And I cannot visualize our Yola sneaking out of Waitrose with a huge salmon concealed under her coat anyway! Boggles the mind......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
26-12-2009, 11:06 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
And I cannot visualize our Yola sneaking out of Waitrose with a huge salmon concealed under her coat anyway! Boggles the mind......
Ah got it glad to see. And by the way Yola would have shoved the salmon in the trolley she has not up her coat....she could run faster that way...............

Catsey Veteran

26-12-2009, 11:13 PM   #14

LOL, with the staff in hot pursuit yelling "Stop thief"!! Sounds like an old Three Stooges movie...

Catsey Veteran

26-12-2009, 11:19 PM   #15

To continue this rather silly subject (yes, I am having a glass of riesling). I asked because I've never poached (cooked, that is, not stolen!) a fish. I always prefer them broiled: trout, swordfish and salmon steaks. Don't own a fish poacher. Do you?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
27-12-2009, 12:45 AM   #16

'Allo, all!
Well it's a bit late in the afternoon but I am finally getting up. Had quite the back ache and spasms last night so took a hot bath, applied a hot analgesic, and fell asleep with the massager on my back that gives heat too.
Was a wonderful sleep but was a bit disturbed to find it lying next to me as hot as a stove and the smell of sheets starting to burn..yikes!
A tad off put b/c we barely have any cream or sugar and my coffee tastes horrible and there's nothing left in the house but beer to drink. That and K can manage to take a perfectly organized house and turn it into a pit within a few hours. How DOES he do that?
Off to his mom and stepdad's in about an hour for a late Christmas with them. Hope they like the gifts I got them, they are a bit modest but thought was put into them just the same (if it weren't for me there would be no gifts the thought doesn't occur to K so I'm sure they will know I picked them out, LOL).
Shall have a simple pasta dinner with them then off we go, they sleep much earlier than us. Not sure what I'll do the rest of the night..probably relax and enjoy the kids with their new toys
Have a good one, all!

Catsey Veteran

27-12-2009, 03:12 AM   #17

Oh wow Tink, scary about the sheets starting to scorch! Hope the dinner went well and that they liked the gifts. K sounds like such a typical man!! Was he this bad before his surgeries and recuperation?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
27-12-2009, 08:15 AM   #18

Yep he was bad like that before,now he's just GRUMPIER than before