Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
26-12-2009, 01:32 PM   #1

Boxing day 26th

Well here we are boxing day 2009. Hope everyone's Christmas was a happy one. And Father Christmas called where he should have called.
He stopped here of course. Everyone had a lovely day. Weather here is food the snow and ice have gone. And sun is shinning, just one my way out now foir a lovely walk with Sal and meeting my brother and the children along with Alfie (westie pup) but not sure how long they will stay as Taylor is coming but it could be a bit cold following her accident the other day her first real day out.
Have a good day all. See you later. Last night loved the turkey sarnie and I am coming home to turkey and chips...yeah..... ....have a good boxig day all if you brave the sales ....wear stell toes capped shoes.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-12-2009, 01:57 PM   #2

Re: Boxing day 26th

Hi - Happy Boxing Day Kazz - everyone! Glad you have sunshine - it's miserable and raining here, although we did manage to walk round the garden with Pip earlier before the rain started.

Not much happening here today. Cold meat and chips (yippeee!) for us too this evening. I expect MIL will need her lunch in between now and then. Never known such a woman for eating, at least we can't complain that she's a fussy eater.

I've been thinking of a thread about trespassers on Kizzy and Pip's activity centre, which is mainly used by Pip, although Kizzy uses the scratching posts. He is such a funny little bunny - I put all this mousie toys on various parts of the platforms and say "trespassers, Pip!" and he attacks them all and repels the borders. Keeps us both amused for quite a while. It is just so funny that he won't allow any of his toys up on his "castle"!!! Yes - a story thread with photos coming up I think!

Enjoy your Boxing Day everyone. Keep safe and warm and cosy.

Catsey Veteran

26-12-2009, 02:12 PM   #3

Yes post some pictures Angie will see them when I get back even if there is only the two of us..........The children had a lovely time, my sisters lot got a Wee which is great fun even Mom had a a go, on the tennis even though she never managed to hit the ball..... but the tennis is good and the bowling.
My brother children had a new bike for Molly so she was outside and a new football and villa kit for Lewis so he was outside from mornig till dinner dragged in then out again...but my Dad got him in for a game of subbuteo table football. (strange how fashions come in again I remember my brother having that game for Christmas over 30 years ago and he found the game in a shop)
Taylor had a leather jacket she was so proud of... Elizabth had so many toys we almost lost her under them. (can't wait for next year she will be 2 then.)but she loved the boxes...........everyone had a good day.

Sal has had a new ring for Christmas - blue the others have been deserted....fickle that dog. The ragger (rope toy so hard you can't cut through it with a knife or sissors) lasted about 5-8 minutes before it was a unravelled dead ragger... but the kong and ring should both live to see another Christmas before being ousted by new toys.

See you later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
26-12-2009, 04:06 PM   #4

Had a cold buffet lunch today of the leftover meats, quiche, sausage rolls, cheese etc. Everyone is still standing after the sherry trifle but it did produce a few gasps of surprise and intake of breath!

Decided to have an alcohol free day today to balance the effect on the liver, so loads of tea being drunk!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-12-2009, 04:55 PM   #5

Hi all, happy Boxing Day! I enjoyed the day and the meal, will be having cold chicken sandwich and chips here too! Still raining, but was not as heavy as predicted and it's quite a bit milder than recently, 9 (49 F);still too yucky to go to the library, but the remains of the big snowstorm are finally going away. .... not a minute too soon IMO.

Kazz, sounds like a lovely day for you and family; MrsH, glad the trifle made such a hit! Angie, I look forward to the Trespasser Photo Essay!

Enjoy the day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
26-12-2009, 08:55 PM   #6

Hello! Well Christmas Eve was a roaring success here, thanks in no small part to my Mum's cooking skills. I was flapping a bit but she was cool as a cucumber. Yesterday was a total veggie day; both we and the boys did little but watch TV, play with toys (the boys' ones) and not much else apart from eat the delicious roast pheasant OH cooked.

Today we popped into town as one of the remote control Model Zone vehicles didn't work . . . swapped the faulty tractor for an all-terrain truck so that S & D had matching vehicles which they can race once the ice subsides. Them some arty/crafty stuff followed with Sebi painting his ceramic piggy bank and Domi starting is Sean the Sheep airfix kit.

We're working through the Christmas Eve salmon and it's still tasty even though we've just had our 3rd dinner from it!

Catsey Veteran

26-12-2009, 09:11 PM   #7

Wow, Yola, that must gave been one big salmon! Did you poach it?

Catsey Veteran

26-12-2009, 09:18 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Wow, Yola, that must gave been one big salmon! Did you poach it?

No Eileen she did not poach it she brought it from Waitroses remember?

Catsey Veteran

26-12-2009, 09:21 PM   #9

Obviously I didn't, Kazz!

Catsey Veteran

26-12-2009, 10:06 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Obviously I didn't, Kazz!
Eileen it was a play on words "poaching" in the uk has two meanings...ciooking in water as you meant and poaching as in stealing from a landowner....sorry I was trying to be clever.

Failed though....apologies. USA to UK word differences