Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-12-2009, 10:34 AM   #1

Wednesday 23rd

Well two more days to go...Morning all I am awake but not sure how had a spell volunteering at the "local" salvation army homesless shelter last night finally got home at 4,15am and up and moving now...makes you realise how lucky you are though the council have given more money this year due to the weather being below 0 so more "drop in centres kept open with hot food and dry new underwear/socks/hats/gloves etc. And they feel safe, a major concern for all of them.I always enjoy talking to the people who want to chat a lot of "normal" people were there mostly due to mental health problms or relationship breakdowns.... I volunteer often and last night did a fair bit of cooking and plating up....as well as talking. Anyhow home now.....and off out to shop till I drop. Then home tonight to wrap with Christmas music on and then maybe a Christmas DVD.....Stay safe if you are out and about and sober enough if staying in.... See you all later..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-12-2009, 11:26 AM   #2

Re: Wednesday 23rd

Morning Kazz! You have enough energy for 10 - well done for volunteering at the Sally. How you're awake so early beats me.

We have a grocery delivery later today and I have to go and see the Dr. for my blood test results. MIL's hairdresser is coming to wash and style and there's laundry and cleaning to be done in between.

Pip is on a kitten high this morning - rushing about, knocking things over. We had squeaky mouse on our bed at about 4 this morning! He's getting into the spirit!

Hope everyone is safe and warm this morning. Will pop on later around lunch time.

There is no quiz tonight - not quite sure of restarting date.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
23-12-2009, 11:54 AM   #3

Got to pick up the bird this afternoon and some fresh veggies, but that's all, so starting to wind down and relax now. Housework mostly done, just a quick hoovering everywhere. It's a shame I can't be bothered to go out to Pets @ Home, the cats lost their toy rat overnight, it dropped down from the landing and was found in bits this morning having been thoroughly eviscerated by the dog!

Kazz - I take my hat off to you, well done on your hard work with the Salvation Army.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
23-12-2009, 12:04 PM   #4

Kazz- you are so kind, well done.

I'm finished work now until 4th Jan....whoo-hoo. Not on call or anything, yeah!

Today we are off to do the food shop (how boring) and the only other thing is to try & locate 2 cats that have been left by someone who has been evicted, they are hungry & outdoors & no-one will take any responsibilty for them, or even feed them! Charming eh? So I've decided we will help them. Will let you know.

Off to brave the cold now,

See ya later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
23-12-2009, 12:11 PM   #5

Nice one Karen. My brother did the Shelter hostel volunteer work a couple of years in a row and said it was a really eye-opening and grounding experience. I admire your commitment.

In the office for a bit today; Dominik has gone to play with a friend and my Mum's at home with Sebi. Got a couple of admin bits to get done then back to collect Domi and then our salmon order from Waitrose.

OH will then drive down to Hayling to collect his Mum and take her to his ex's to stay and I'll be walking to the Polish Deli with my Mum and the boys to get some Makowiek . . . traditional Christmas Poppy-seed cake

Catsey Veteran

23-12-2009, 03:23 PM   #6

I have done nothing that is worth commending, but thank you all. You do what you can, when you can don't you.I did wonder about putting it in the daily thread but it was different enough to mention. Glad no one minded. Anyhow everyone have a lovely afternoon and those looking forward to family and friends coming and going enjoy every moment. And those with family and friend coming and not loking forward to it, enjoy every moment.Done the shop I needed to do cut back this year most years we appear to have so much its scary....so not brought such stupid things that I end up throwing away....only brought what we will eat + a little extra its christmas after all.Taylor is well on the road to recovery her black eye looks even better today. Sophie is really into Christmas "sneaky" shopping like me my sister said, "its like being related to Father Christmas overdosed on caffine" being related to me and Sophie. we both adore Christmas and the shjopping for people side...surprises galore for all. Even Sophie... and she is like me kinda obsessed with the wrapping, ribbons, bows and colour all co ordinated, along with boxes and bags too. And wrapping little things in big boxes or into shapes no one will guess a pair of sock is the last thing you think you have if wrapped by us two. My brother said we could wrap a car and make it look like a botle of wine or a helicopter ....(think he has had a bit much egg nog)Anyhow I am rambling now so off to take Mom and Dad to the hyatt hotel in Brum to continue their Christmas...as it should be they are off to the Symphony Hall for Carols for all concert this evening them Christmas eve classics tomorrrow at SH. Hope they enjoy. I plan on wrapping and then watch the dvd of "christmas express" is it? ....animated train ride and voice of the conducter by him who was in saving private ryan....Any how people all good here hope the same is to be said at yours...see you all later have to solve a dispute of santa hat or reindeer horns for my Dad to wear...... parents eh?

Catsey Veteran

23-12-2009, 03:25 PM   #7

Okay someone tell me how everyone can get their sentences to stay as sentences but my posts all run together?????

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-12-2009, 04:12 PM   #8

I'd go for the reindeer horns! They won't help your sentences though .........................

Thanks for your lovely posts Kazz - you did have me chuckling ...... I am a lifelong present prodder - love the guessing games.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
23-12-2009, 05:17 PM   #9

That's my 2 night shifts over then ,phew! now for some R&R before my Christmas day shift.
Went to Brecon today and took some lovely pics of Tom by the frozen waterfall, will upload later. Winter wonderland continues for now but a slow thaw is starting.

Going to finish the ironing with a glass of mulled wine and mince pies tonight, then get around the family tomorrow with their gifts. Hope the streets have been gritted by then, our council has been appallingly slow

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-12-2009, 05:37 PM   #10

Woo hoo, finally got out of the house today, first since last Friday! The bus was running on my street today; it's a hilly area and it's rerouted when the streets are treacherous. Everything was fine over in the commercial area, sidewalks shoveled, although it was a problem getting from the sidewalks to the street to board the bus as the snow was piled waist high by the plows. But made it out and back from the market, well stocked now, but do need to go to the other market tomorrow for Leia's food. Then ... just relax and enjoy! Cards finally done, also wrapping and decorating.

Kazz, I do so admire you! You truly have the Christmas spirit. Those on break from work, hope you really enjoy it. Angie, hope your blood test results are good and that Pip calms down a bit ...typical kitten, bless him! MrsH, a pity about the rat; do you have a spare box to amuse them with in its absence?

Have a good day, all!!