Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
22-12-2009, 10:40 AM   #1

Tuesday 22nd December

It's getting closer peeps!

My thoughts this morning are with Yola and those in Reading and Basingstoke who seem to have taken the brunt of the latest snow. Hope you are safe and warm Yola?

Cleaning the kitchen today ......... might wrap a few parcels this afternoon. Feeling a bit better than yesterday, so onwards and upwards.

Will pop in around lunchtime to see what's going on in Catseyland! Keep warm and safe if you can. Eileen, I am SO GLAD to hear your boiler is up and running again.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
22-12-2009, 10:48 AM   #2

Re: Tuesday 22nd December

I can only echo all those good wishes for those badly affected by the weather. My OH arrived back early yesterday afternoon, so we went off to get the last of the goodies in and hopefully have now parked the car for a week. We'll walk to meet friends at the pub tomorrow lunchtime and then walk down to pick up the goose on xmas eve.
I only popped in to post a card to all my friends here but have read Moli's sad news and felt I can't just cut and run.
Have a good day everyone; have a lovely christmas season and stay safe and warm

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
22-12-2009, 10:52 AM   #3

Hiya all
Well this is my "clocking in" before I face the Christmas crowds........
Angie glad you are feeling better and Eileen glad you have heat you had me worried there. Not sure what I could do being so far away, but you never know.
Yola...enjoy your white Christmas hope you get/got your Mom back okay. Pat so sorry about Chancer.

Anyhow whats happened here...weather icy but movable Mom and Dad staying in. So I am running here and there.
Taylor 12,..(middle niece) fell while sleding the other day and has been in the childrens hopsital and seeing a plastic surgeon she has split from her chin up to her nose straight through her bottom lip and knocked loose three bottom front teeth and spilt her top lip to the base of her nose knocking out her two front teeth...and split straight through the bit of flesh that holds the top lip to the gum...she has had 27 stitches outside and 34 inside.(I think thats right) she has had her top teeth put back in as they had the roots attatched hoping they take. She also has broken her left wrist...so a really bad fall, she actually slipped on the ice and hit her head/face on the the sled floor.
She is fine though but can't eat a lot and is on straw rations....(she'll do well with her Nan (my Mom) also on liquids )
She is out of hospital now. But refusing pictures. Ohe she has a black eye too... a good one

Offto face the madding crowd in a minute see you all later with luck. Karen

Catsey Veteran

22-12-2009, 10:53 AM   #4

DM...Hello missed you there Happy Christmas

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
22-12-2009, 11:07 AM   #5

Kazz - that sounds an awful accident for your niece she must be so upset about her face, I hope it'll all get mended well with no permanent marks.

Daughter had a terrible journey home from work yesterday. They'd been in the bus for 40 minutes and it was going nowhere, so she and 2 others decided to walk into Basingstoke instead of just sitting there. It was about 8 miles but at least she was in company! She wouldn't let her partner come and pick her up in the car as then he'd get stuck as well. By the time she got to the railway station and caught the train home, she was about 2 hours later than usual, but at least the exercise kept her warm! (She's not going in to work today)

Our tree surgeon has just cancelled for today. I'm not surprised, it would be far too dangerous working up a tree in this weather. Also, he lives just near to where daughter works!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
22-12-2009, 12:23 PM   #6

Your poor niece, Kazz - hope all mends well and that she's not in a lot of pain. Poor girl.

Hi there DM - I've missed you! MrsH - from your previous posts, you and your family have lots of yummy things to eat, so hope that you aren't too badly affected by all your snow.

Snow pictures would be nice - ours has all but melted, but there are still icy patches according to the postlady.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
22-12-2009, 04:15 PM   #7

Karen, that's awful for your poor neice. At 12 they are so sensitive about their looks that something like this must be making her feel very depressed.

DM - very lovely to see you here; albeit a flying visit.

All is OK here. Boys at home as predicted and much frantic gritting happening around in the precinct and on the streets - too little too late OH has successfully got to the office although me and 2 other chaps had to push him out onto the hill so he could get a grip on a clear road. I've volunteered him to go and get my Mum as I'm a chicken when it comes to slippy roads and anyway I've got some writing work to do once the boys are in bed tonight (guide's honour . . . )

I walked into town this morning with my grippy snow boots, the boys and my trusty shopping trolley and got the last few bits (and OH's present - I relented) so apart from a few odds n s*ds, we're sorted.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
22-12-2009, 05:25 PM   #8

Kazz, so very sorry to hear about your niece; dreadful at any time but especially now! Also sorry a lot of you are having snow/ice problems; it is really difficult getting around. Stay safe, all. Angie, glad you're feeling better.

All's well here, boiler working; still haven't ventured out as it's both cold and sidewalks are icy since snow melted and then froze again last night. I hope to get to the market tomorrow. You know how cats sleep most of the day? Leia was exhausted yesterday, she kept wandering about looking for a warm radiator, then was very wary of the plumber banging and hammering and going to and from his truck. When he was gone and the heat was working she collapsed with a sigh in the warmth and slept till dinner time, then again until bed time. Now she's on mouse patrol ... seems to think we have one in the kitchen. It's cloudy and cold, 0 (33 F), eimd chill -3. I am so tired of being indoors!

Hope it's a good day for all, safe and warm.

Catsey Veteran

22-12-2009, 06:21 PM   #9

Right been to see Taylor she is home and totaly relaxed about the whole thing...her Mom is still shaken luckily she did not see all the blood otherwise she would be worse luckily my brother was in. According to Louis (her younger brother) there was loads of blood and bits of teeth....(different perspective to his Mom) anyhow Yola yeah you're right she is a bit sensitive usually but seems really okay...."I told her it could have been much worse than it is" and she asked how, and I said "it could have been me" so then I got told off for making her laugh.....but she is reasonably certain she can still eat chocolate...and ice cream so popped to Thorntons and got her her favourite. She plans on Christmas dinner too. Anyhow I am off out again shortly I have voluntered to help at the Salvation army "drop in centre" tonight. Until about 1.00am I think maybe later...I am on the rota for cooking (God help them)as the centre provides dinners and hot food during this cold spell Birmingham council have given funds to help and open "drop in centre's for food and somewhere safe to be" they have beds to but most people apparently come for the food and warmth and security. They give out new underwear, socks, hats gloves and blankets and have donated coats clothes etc etc etc as well as warm drinks and meals.

I often pop in and volunteer to help with the cooking of meals/clothes/talking/filling in forms etc.
You have to try and help a little don't you. Not just at Christmas. Anyhow anyone else doing anything tonight?

Tomorrow is all systems go. Mom and Dad are off to the Hyatt Regency at 3 stying to Thursday (Xmas eve) as they have a show at Symphony hall tomorrow night "Carols for all" I think then another show Christmas eve same place at 3.00pm so I am not picking them up till at 6 Christmas eve. So I may pop in tomorrow night for the quiz unless I get visitors....which may happen you never know.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
22-12-2009, 09:00 PM   #10

Hello, all!
Ice is worse than snow, in my opinion. I hate that feeling just as you realize you are slipping/sliding..ugh!
Funnily enough, we have sunshine today. Supposed to have it all week with a bit of clouds and that's it. What happened to my winter wonderland? We are in WA! Sheesh
K will be working all throughout the week (even thru xmas eve and xmas day). I have arranged a modest get together with his Mom and Stepdad during the weekend (he doesn't get home from his shift till eight pm during the week and they are used to eating dinner at five so we'll just wait till then).
Xmas day I will prepare our own meal. I found a ham on sale awhile back and K's friend stopped by this past weekend and dropped us off a huge turkey. Mind you, I have never cooked either, my mom always did it so it shall be interesting. If all else fails, I plan to make fresh bread, deviled eggs, scalloped potatoes, and cake so all will not be lost
While K is at work I will just make a big to do about the kittehs and ferrets opening their gifts and have fun with that. K has outright told me he was not able to budget in a gift for me and that is okay, we'll just make this holiday about the kids. Also is better to give than to receive, right?
Have a good day, everyone and stay warm and cozy.