Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
25-10-2008, 02:12 PM   #21

Re: Underwater bedroom :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum

That's exactly what I thought yesterday Yola, but I thought I'd be a party-pooper if I said it!

I nagged and nagged my parents for a black bedroom when I was about 13 (at the point I began to get into Gary Numan and the like). They refused. So one day they went out and I painted 3 full-sized geisha girls in traditional Japanese dress on my walls. I then went out to a friends house.

My Mum came in the evening, walked into my room and had the fright of her life as they all had the white-painted faces and scarlet lips, but I gave them entirely black eyes, very rat-like!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-10-2008, 03:43 PM   #22

How inventive of you! You don't happen to have any pictures of the paintings do you??

btw don't suppose young people stick egg boxes all over their walls these days? Or is that only the musically inclined! (Sorry, must sound like I come from way back - well, I suppose I do!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
25-10-2008, 04:16 PM   #23

Wow, he'll be so chuffed with that! A real one-off, clever Mamma
My teen colors were purple and pink, I KNOW BUT IT WAS THE 70'S
the rest of the walls were covered in posters, David Cassidy, TRex, horses and stuff

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
25-10-2008, 05:03 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
How inventive of you! You don't happen to have any pictures of the paintings do you??

btw don't suppose young people stick egg boxes all over their walls these days? Or is that only the musically inclined! (Sorry, must sound like I come from way back - well, I suppose I do!)
D'you know I might have some somewhere because I remember taking them! When I have a spare 2 days (yes, that's the state of my printed photo archive ) I'll have a look!!!

Egg boxes? Nah. I think kids today get a kick out of annoying their parents with loud music (I presume you're referring to the soundproofing rather than the accoustic-enhancing properties of egg boxes)?? Oh, and they mostly probably listen through earphones too!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
25-10-2008, 08:16 PM   #25

What a lucky boy - it's beautiful Yola! I liked the original room too!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-10-2008, 10:23 PM   #26

Earphones - another wonderful invention!

In retrospect, I do have a lot of pity for my parents when I was a teenager! At least I wasn't into Bob Dylan.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
25-10-2008, 10:25 PM   #27

that is gorgeous!
we have a bathroom that is a "fish tank" but it is not as remarkable or elaborate as your room.
i would love to be a guest there! very creative!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
27-10-2008, 04:30 PM   #28

What a brilliant bedroom! Just seen this thread now. I love the colour of blue, and adore that oval shaped window! So very unique. Great job Yola