Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
04-11-2007, 03:00 PM   #1

Made some money well impressed.

Well I have been to a car boot sale I was the seller never been before but kept thinking/talking about it but this morning I was up and off I went. Well I loaded the car up yesterday and left home this morning 1/4 to 7 due to the fog arrived just before 7 set up and started selling as such about 7.45 left at quater to 12 although it rund till 2 I could not be doing with the people looking for something for nothing and the queue to get out was nothing a 1/4 to 12 but I imagine would be manic from 1pm as there must have been 1000 cars vans + there.

Well selling what I would have thrown away and nothing above £8...I made £192 of which I have made £130 clear profit

I will explain I had to start with £23 float + £7 entry fee. So I paid myself that back so I am level , and then I took £7 entry fee and £25 float from the profits so I am using only car boot made money from now on

And above all I enjoyed it. and can see me doing more.
So I am now officaly a car booter.....

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
04-11-2007, 03:07 PM   #2

Re: Made some money well impressed.

Thats excellant!

I was thinking about doing this to try and maybe make a little money before Christmas - seeing I can't work at the moment.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
04-11-2007, 03:25 PM   #3

Brillian stuff Kazz.
I used to quite enjoy doing car boots but I do get very fed up of people wanting something for nothing. Dont think I have ever made that much either
Well done, what are you going to treat yourself to with the profit?

Catsey Veteran

04-11-2007, 04:23 PM   #4

I have come home and started routing around for more think I am hooked.

Anyhow while I was there I looked across to another stall a chap was selling books like me.
But he was very rude to all around him (not me) ...however I noticed he was selling a book on fisheeping I sent me Mom to buy it and another one - because I wanted it he raised the price from 50p each to £2 for the two.
I was irritated but worse I have got home and I already have them both of them no wonder they looked familiar (I keep Cichlids) anyhow I was just looking on ebay for a certain fish..and threw in the books titles and foound the one sells for £15+ on ebay.... the other for 5 +

Ha to him.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
04-11-2007, 04:30 PM   #5

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
04-11-2007, 04:31 PM   #6

lol Karen, welcome to the mad world of car booters! Must say I am well impressed, £130 is a fab total. The most I have come home with is £60, mind you I usually sell things for pittance just 'cause I want rid of it lol. Have fun spending your profit!

Catsey Veteran

04-11-2007, 04:59 PM   #7

I am not spending it I am saving. Mind you may blow it at the Cat show.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-11-2007, 05:18 PM   #8

They're great fun! We mostly do yard sales here: Carolyn and I had one a few years back and I got rid of a lot of stuff I no longer wanted/needed; didn't make that much, a bit over $30.00, but sheer profit!
Sounds as if you did really well!

Catsey Veteran

04-11-2007, 05:50 PM   #9

Thank you all and do you know what I really enjoyed it. A bit of banter with those who wanted it quiet for those who just wanted a price.