Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: A very pretty kitty!
03-11-2007, 12:28 PM   #11

Re: Fireworks here

I hate fireworks..Patch is always terrified when they're going off Hides under stuff and wont come out all night.

They've been going off the last three weeks here too! grrrr!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
03-11-2007, 01:03 PM   #12

I always feel very sad round 5th Nov. Twelve years ago we lost our lovely cocker Bess at this time. She used to go mad at fireworks so we used to close all the internal doors and turn up the TV to try to muffle the sound as much as possible.

That particular year (she was13) she was failing, her dicky heart was worn out. I knew it was time for that last visit to the vet, she wouldn't eat and when the fireworks started she couldn't be bothered to bark or try to hide, she just lay on my feet and looked up at me with those sad cocker eyes. The next day the vet agreed it was time to say goodbye while she still had some dignity. I hope she's still chasing squirrels and hot-air balloons at the bridge.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
03-11-2007, 01:06 PM   #13

We get a small box of garden fireworks every year, but I refuse to get ones with bangers in. It's just the colourful 'fizzy' ones I like, and then we go to the big display which is only 5 mins from our house, but not held on bonfire night itself, usually a week after. This year it's on the 10th.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
03-11-2007, 03:23 PM   #14

I myself really like fireworks and would not want them banned however I think its the random selling that causes misery to others.