Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
02-11-2007, 10:19 PM   #1

Fireworks here

There are fireworks going off everywhere here tonight. Any by any of you? and Eileen do you have a fireworks night our is 5th of Nov....mind you not many other countries celebrate someone who tried to blow up their goverment do they like we do Guy Fawkes? We British are odder and odder now I think of it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
02-11-2007, 10:24 PM   #2

Re: Fireworks here

Guy Fawks, the only man to enter the houses of parliment with honest intentions

Fire works going off like mad up here too, sounds like a war going on outside

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
02-11-2007, 10:26 PM   #3

Loads going off here as well Kazz! I locked Cassie in at 5.30pm as there were a few going off at that time too.

I bet a lot of today's youngsters don't even know about the Gunpowder Plot ...... they don't appear to teach things like that in history these days...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
02-11-2007, 10:38 PM   #4

Remember remember the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-11-2007, 10:41 PM   #5

Think you're right abut that, Mags! Half the students can't even find England on the map...deplorable! No, Kazz, we don't have a fireworks day here; except for Independence Day, and some on New Years Eve. Elaine: loved the crack about honest men and Parliament' could say the same thing about our Congress!
Poor dogs who are firework-phobic...won't be a pleasant few nights for them....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
02-11-2007, 10:58 PM   #6

Yes, loads going off here tonight Come Bonfire night, I'll be well fed up of them

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
02-11-2007, 11:15 PM   #7

Yes, sounds like Sarjevo here too The cats are (thankfully) oblivious but Sebastian is restless . . . I hope he stay asleep! I worry about all the strays at this time of year.

I think we might go to an organized display tomorrow, but these random letting off of very loud fireworks even sets me on edge.

My nail techician has a dog that needs to be heavily sedated when fireworks are expected as she will actually self-harm in her fear and panic

Edit to say, that speaking to Claire (nail technician) her dog sadly died 2 weeks ago. But knowing how completely stressed she got (and how ill she was aparently), it was, it was a bit of a blessing

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-11-2007, 11:41 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Yes, sounds like Sarjevo here too The cats are (thankfully) oblivious but Sebastian is restless . . . I hope he stay asleep! I worry about all the strays at this time of year.

I think we might go to an organized display tomorrow, but these random letting off of very loud fireworks even sets me on edge.

My nail techician has a dog that needs to be heavily sedated when fireworks are expected as she will actually self-harm in her fear and panic
The nurse in the doctors" office I worked in had a dog like that, Yola. Very sad; he was a cockapoo, and absolutetly went to pieces with fireworks...I think private ones should be banned...well, I've expressed my opinion on this before, "nuff said...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
02-11-2007, 11:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
I think private ones should be banned...
Absolutely agree 100% with you there Eileen!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
03-11-2007, 12:38 AM   #10

I totally agree fireworks should be banned or at least restricted to ONE day only. It's now over a two week period that might incorporate the 5th of November and it *really* annoys me. We've had loads going off here tonight and thankfully Bubbles slept through most of it and wasn't too fussed for once we wouldn't let her out. I was majorly worried about Fizz but bless her, she sat and watched them