Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
16-12-2013, 11:35 AM   #1

monday

morning everyone, just had a very sad email.
I belong to a carers group and one of the parents has unexpectedly lost her son on saturday. I didn't know Paul but can only begin to imagine the terrible loss. A parent doesnt expect to lose their child.
We did have a lovely day yesterday, my eldest son and fiance came for a meal, we made it quite christmassy as we wont see them over christmas.
Had a very wet walk with the dogs and now i need to go and clean up.
Sorry to hear about your car Pamela and also the problems you are having with Monty , Angie.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-12-2013, 12:22 PM   #2

Re: monday

Morning Shelley and those to come along later. How terribly sad for those parents, I can't imagine what they must be going through.

Horrid gloomy wet day here, cats keep going out and coming in soaked (well Pip really, Kizzy seems to stay remarkably dry!) Getting through rolls of kitchen paper! Oh, I see a little g&w face at the window again. Why does he keep going out???

Have a good day folks, keep dry if possible.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
16-12-2013, 02:18 PM   #3

Good afternoon ladies,

At least it's dry for a moment. I've had trouble keeping Pandora in away from the rain but she comes in fairly dry so I suspect she's been hiding. Pearla is wise, she's hogging the radiator.

Sorry to hear your sad news Shelley, it always seems worse this time of year too. I have been to the nursing home with my mother to visit aunty again today, she's not well at all, bed bound now and sedated for her own safety.
Thank goodness we don't know what's ahead of us, only 3 years ago she was a fine old lady of 92, dressed to the nines and enjoying her cinzano and lemonade at Christmas. Alzheimers has robbed her of her mind and dignity.

On a cheerier note I'm going to a Christmas carol concert tonight, it's at my niece's Special School, the kids put on a great show. Sian goes back every year since she left to support them and chat to her old teachers; so lovely for her to be included.

have fun dears, hugs to all doggies and moggies, see you later x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
16-12-2013, 06:43 PM   #4

had a busy day and achieved quite a bit.
Planning a nice relaxing evening in, enjoying the deccies and watching tv.
Nettie, sorry to hear about your aunt, alzheimers is a cruel disease.
Enjoy the concert
Angie, hope your soggy kitties are all dry now

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
17-12-2013, 12:53 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley123
morning everyone, just had a very sad email.
I belong to a carers group and one of the parents has unexpectedly lost her son on saturday. I didn't know Paul but can only begin to imagine the terrible loss. A parent doesnt expect to lose their child.
That is terrible so heartbreaking very sad. Your heart hits your stomach when you realise how "short life is.

Catsey Veteran

17-12-2013, 12:54 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley123
We did have a lovely day yesterday, my eldest son and fiance came for a meal, we made it quite christmassy as we wont see them over christmas.
Had a very wet walk with the dogs and now i need to go and clean up.
Sorry to hear about your car Pamela and also the problems you are having with Monty , Angie.
Well that's fantastic glad you had a great time. Even the wet walk fits in with Christmas

Catsey Veteran

17-12-2013, 12:56 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Morning Shelley and those to come along later. How terribly sad for those parents, I can't imagine what they must be going through.

Horrid gloomy wet day here, cats keep going out and coming in soaked (well Pip really, Kizzy seems to stay remarkably dry!) Getting through rolls of kitchen paper! Oh, I see a little g&w face at the window again. Why does he keep going out???

Have a good day folks, keep dry if possible.
In answer to your question I think the answer is I think Angie that Pip is a sandwich short of a picnic.......

Catsey Veteran

17-12-2013, 01:00 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPuss
Good afternoon ladies,

At least it's dry for a moment. I've had trouble keeping Pandora in away from the rain but she comes in fairly dry so I suspect she's been hiding. Pearla is wise, she's hogging the radiator.

Sorry to hear your sad news Shelley, it always seems worse this time of year too. I have been to the nursing home with my mother to visit aunty again today, she's not well at all, bed bound now and sedated for her own safety.
Thank goodness we don't know what's ahead of us, only 3 years ago she was a fine old lady of 92, dressed to the nines and enjoying her cinzano and lemonade at Christmas. Alzheimers has robbed her of her mind and dignity.

On a cheerier note I'm going to a Christmas carol concert tonight, it's at my niece's Special School, the kids put on a great show. Sian goes back every year since she left to support them and chat to her old teachers; so lovely for her to be included.

have fun dears, hugs to all doggies and moggies, see you later x
That is sad and I think whoever said its sadder at Christmas is right in a way - its sad whenever but the season to be "jolly" I think makes you highlight the sadder things. Its not the done thing to be sad when people are trying to be happy.

Christmas carol concert is what I am going to this year too speaking to a friend and I am going.
Doing my annual volunteering this year hopefuly get to be able to plate up this year

Have posted out my Christmas cards so if I have your address they are winging their way to you.

Just off to bed now a course tomorrow and MUST put the outdoor lights up

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-12-2013, 12:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
In answer to your question I think the answer is I think Angie that Pip is a sandwich short of a picnic.......
I think it may be a sandwich and a sausage roll short .........