Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
27-11-2006, 09:55 AM   #1

Daily thread - Monday

Good morning! The gales and torrential rains seem to have passed, so I'll put aside the ark-building and spend some time on Catsey instead Actually there is quite a nice strong breeze going, so I'll hopefully get OH's rugby kit out on the line for a blow, once the washing machine has removed the 2" of mud that's all over it! And he's just the ref - gawd knows what state the players were in . It must be a better day - the kittens have decided they will brave outside; they are real wusses - haven't been out for several days.
The lurgi that's after me seems to be losing! I still have a sore throat and achey back/shoulders/legs but it's no worse than yesterday, so I reckon I've got it beat!
Hope everyone else is fine and wish you all a good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
27-11-2006, 10:15 AM   #2

Re: Daily thread - Monday

Morning all, I am still coughing for England, off to work in a bit, feel like I should be in Bed still x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
27-11-2006, 10:38 AM   #3

mrning all darn cats kept me awake last night fighting then shouting about it afterwards, so i spent ages chasing them around the hallway, (i was in a state of un-dress at the time ) now off to the shower, then off out to do a bit of christmas shopping, must remember to buy gift tags. keep forgetting.
have a good day all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
27-11-2006, 10:41 AM   #4

Morning all, the rain and gales seem to have passed over here too....I have got 5 stir crazy cats, even Chancer has been in all night and is still sleeping!he is begining to be a real house cat...
Off to test drive the X Trail at 10...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
27-11-2006, 11:40 AM   #5

Morning all. Rain first thing but sun shining brightly now! Have done the horses this morning. Loads of house work to do today as it was severely neglected over the busy weekend

DM - glad you seem to be over the worst
Sweet - Don't work too hard, I hope your cough eases

Hope you all have a good day

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
27-11-2006, 02:31 PM   #6

This morning was brighter after the gales and rain throughout the night so decided to do some Christmas shopping........ after a couple of hours the heavens opened and the roads were flooded I don't want to hear anymore tales of our reservoirs being half empty .......... after the last few days they must be overflowing!!

DM
~ glad your dreaded lurgi is no worse.....

Sweet
~ hope you'll feel better soon.....

Moli
~ let us know how your test drive went

Enjoy your day all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
27-11-2006, 02:37 PM   #7

Been into town to do some shopping too. Christmas and otherwise (just boring old stuff like dry cleaning, chemist etc - do we still call them chemists or are the pharmacists now )??

Shortly off to Hobbycraft and Staples and then to the sorting office to pick up my 3 months' supply of contact lenses. This neccesitates a car journey as they're all a bit 'out of town'.

After that a quick trip into Waitrose and then to collect Dominik. And I still haven't managed to wash the kitchen floor as was my plan

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
27-11-2006, 08:10 PM   #8

Evening all

Stop the world I want to get off. Really hacked off and fizzing. Long story but if anyone wants to have an argument I'm the one hehe
I opened a bank account with the proceeds from the house sale. Seem's a simple task doesnt it? Na, no way. (I only had a joint account with the ex) I got conformation of the account last week, At this point in time I have no checque book, no pin but 2 cards!!!!!! Now because of the mis up there having to send me another card as they dont know which one will go with the pin. Doesnt stop there either, I now need a new pin agh.......... I could do the job better than them, did it for years when I worked in the bank. The branch I have opened it in is in town, So if I need money I have to drive right into the town centre.
Got a ticket for going through a light. 1.4 seconds too late agh. Why is it everything that can go wrong does it at the same time.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
27-11-2006, 08:15 PM   #9

Oh dear Jac. You haven't had the best of days have you, hopefully tomorrow will go better for you!

Today was a glorious day! The niece went home, hurrah!!! The silence in the house (even with my 2) is deafening! Went to craft class with the girls and made some more Christmas cards an angel tree decoration and a gift box. Lovely as you can imagine, lol! Has turned nasty again here tonight, so won't be venturing out anywhere this evening. Have a good one all.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
27-11-2006, 08:16 PM   #10

She's back!!!!
Good to see you Jac!

Not surprised to hear of the mess up the bank have made as nothing seems to run smooth for you!!

Seriously, I hope they get it all sorted out for you soon