Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
04-03-2024, 11:28 PM   #1

Tuesday morning, and I survived !!!

Good morning Pamela and Shelley,
It's 10:43am here ,Tuesday morning and I just got home from the hospital. I was meant to come home yesterday, but my knee was very swollen and still bleeding through the dressing after the drain was removed, so they kept me another night. The operation took just over 3 hours but unfortunately I had to have a general anaesthetic which I hadn't planned on. I don't remember a thing about it, thank goodness.The pain afterwards is horrendous, but everyone was lovely, very casual and kind. It's very difficult to walk ,but I have both a walker and elbow crutches and I have exercises to do. My staples come out in 2 weeks time and I'm starting physio in a week I had the great honour of meeting the Burwood Hospital cat, Harry, a longish haired black and white cat, who roams the wards by day and night. Harry came into my ward when I was being wheeled down for x-rays on Saturday, and curled up on my bed and went down with me. He also visited me at 3am this morning and slept on my bed for a few hours. Evidently the hospital put out a calendar every year of Harry, so I'm going to make sure I get one this year - I'll also get one for both of you. All proceeds go towards Harry's food and care. I'll tell you something else about young Harry, but I'll do so privately later. It's nothing bad, just really funny and it could only happen to me. !!!

Thank you both for your kind wishes and all the support. It really meant so much. At least I know what to expect now when I have the other knee replaced and I won't be so nervous. I've just got to keep pushing through the pain and do the exercises all throughout the day I've got plenty of pain meds, but they make me drowsy ,so I'll try not to take too many

PAMELA,sorry Robyn is in season again and you have to put off your training and trailing with her. I know how much you both love it and it must be a welcome relief from work. You always seem to be working so hard too. Never mind, you'll soon be able to get out on the bikes again as the weather gets better. That must be so relaxing for you when you've been working all week. I hope darling wee Skye and Mia are doing well, and Robyn is coping with being in season again.

SHELLEY, happy birthday for last Sunday. I hope it was the happiest of days for you. It sounds as if you and Howard had a super time at the vintage tea rooms at Southport. I'm glad you found some nice things to buy at the doll fair and that you also managed to sell lots yourself. It sounds as if you had a pretty enjoyable weekend all round. Happy birthday to James as well. I hope you all enjoyed your chinese buffet together.

Well ladies ,I'm off now to do some exercises and then put an ice pack on my knee to reduce the swelling. I'll let you know what harry did later and I'll also tell you about my gorgeous physio. !!!!!

Have a good Tuesday, Pamela and Shelley and thanks for all your support.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
05-03-2024, 06:49 AM   #2

Re: Tuesday morning, and I survived !!!

Dinky, just a quick reply to say, so glad you are back home and recovering.
What a relief.
How wonderful Harry came to see you, there's no way cats would be allowed in a hospital here, sadly.
We all enjoyed the buffet last night, thank you.