Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
11-12-2005, 12:58 PM   #1

Boxing

What a strange alleged sport this is and what strange reactions it provokes.
I saw the Khan fight and spent the 20 seconds before it was stopped shouting at the TV for the ref to stop the fight and watching from between my fingers, then proceded to the alleged main event and spent the first 9 rounds complaining that there were no punches and saying 'go on - hit him' to neither in particular of the two useless lumps of lard (not that I would say that to their face you understand )

Odd

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
11-12-2005, 02:22 PM   #2

Re: Boxing

H can see you sat there with fists clenched going 'Go on-hit him'

I'm not into boxing, can't see the point in 2 men beating the hell out of each, for what exactly?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
11-12-2005, 03:33 PM   #3

I quite like boxing, but thought Audley Harrison was a big dissappointment and why do they do it? MONEY!!! cant be because they like it, can it?
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
11-12-2005, 03:39 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
I quite like boxing, but thought Audley Harrison was a big dissappointment and why do they do it? MONEY!!! cant be because they like it, can it?
Dawn.
Can't be. Really odd thing - I hate it yet have a macabre fascination

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
11-12-2005, 06:08 PM   #5

Look at Cassies Clay....Mohamet Ally (for the young ones her it's the same person)
I live beside an up and comming boxer, he's really good and has wone alot of fights his name is Garry Young. Dont know if he's down south yet but he has been on telly, I have also seen this good looking guy in the gym (when I worked out about a yaer ago) His face looked sore. I asked him why do it? His reply was fame and fortune with a cheeky grin! What can you say to that? He also said he would move his Mum and Dad in to HUGE HOUSE!

12-12-2005, 06:20 AM   #6

Boxing is one of the few remaining pure contests of one-on-one. Note I do not say sport.... at least what sport has become these days. Take away all the hoopla, the money, etc, etc and you have the oldest and truest survival factor there is; one man against another.

There are no weapons but what God or nature has given you. No teammates to fall back on, you are alone... the most ancient of warriors.

Peaceful, here have a flower people will never understand and shouldn't try. Nor should they try to explain how they are much more civilized and thus better... they aren't.