Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
20-07-2010, 10:50 PM   #11

Re: Torrentially Rainy Tuesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Dinner sounds very nice, Yola. Linguine with pesto, salad and roll here. Glad you treated yourself, you deserve a little splurge!
I read that as "lingerie and pesto" at first and i was baffled...so not awake yet!!!
sunny with a breeze, 74 degrees really just pleasant here. might sit in the yard again today and just enjoy it.
maybe do some cleaning here and there, or just sit with the plants we got the other day (pix in doggy thread).
reading "part of the pride" right now. think i'll just laze in the sun and read that. nothing too exciting
very excited though we finally got a proper bird feeder to hang right outside our bedroom window. i'm sure the cats will just love it and i know i will to as i've been trying a bit of birdwatching lately and would love to see them up close. we hung it up last night so it'll prob take a bit for them to realize it's there, have three different kinds of food in there so we can appeal to all kinds
oh where is k...he went on an errand while i was sleeping and he left no smokes in the house. i can't possibly drink my coffee without a smoke. i've reduced during the day but mornings are when i seem to need my nicotine the most. my brain doesn't wake up without my standard coffee and smoke. ah well, maybe i'll run to the store....
sorry, rambling. see how i am without my nicotine??

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-07-2010, 10:56 PM   #12

Giggling at the misreading! Oh you're going to love the bird feeder as will the cats; live TV for them! Leia loves ours. Hope you got a squirrel-proof one or you'll end up paying a fortune for bird seed!

Catsey Veteran

20-07-2010, 10:57 PM   #13

ut oh how can you tell it's squirrel proof ?

Catsey Veteran

20-07-2010, 11:34 PM   #14

If they eat all the bird seed before the birds can, and scare them off! Some that are advertised as squirrel proof aren't; the squirrel just chews thru the plastic. If you have a problem, let me know, I've gone thru at least 4 feeders before finding one that really works.

Catsey Veteran

20-07-2010, 11:39 PM   #15

okay, thanks! i'll try to remember to snap a shot of it today so you can see for yourself

Catsey Veteran

21-07-2010, 12:01 AM   #16

Tink, do you have the horribly destructive Eastern Grey squirrel there or the relatively nice harmless red squirrel? It's the grey that's the problem ...our UK friends suffer from it as some idiots imported them ages ago and it's destroying the native ones.

Catsey Veteran

21-07-2010, 12:06 AM   #17

i wasn't sure so i just looked at our local wildlife rehab site b/c they always seem to be tending some kind of squirrel..and it's listed as a grey!

Catsey Veteran

21-07-2010, 02:26 AM   #18

Hmmmmm, Not good. But everyone knows I'm paranoid about squirrels. Lets wait and see how your bird feeder goes .......