Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-10-2005, 07:31 PM   #1

Like a magnet

I attract "collect "people" you know you're minding your own business waiting for the train, in a queue in the bank/chipshop/supermarket etc, a theatre queue, crossing the road, collecting the car from the garage - in fact anywhere and people start to talk to me. And before long I have their whole life story - Ben and my family say I can't be left alone as I attract "people" I don't do anything - I admit I smile if I meet people's eye' but nothing more, and I have them then for as long as I am there or until someone "rescues me"

Does anyone else find this is something they get too?

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
23-10-2005, 07:34 PM   #2

Re: Like a magnet

I'm exactly the same easpecially if the person is drunk! They just home in to me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-10-2005, 07:35 PM   #3

Meant to say The people are both young and older, male and female, race, creed, age, sex make no difference I have been in conversation this week with 2 lads of 17&19 (never met them before) a couple about mid 20's, a german man in his 50's who I did not understand - nor he me but we spoke for about 40 minutes a couple and a lady collecting their pensions, a woman in her 30's and a group of children aged between 7-12 .

Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
23-10-2005, 07:44 PM   #4

I went to the post office on friday. There was quite a big cue, anyway the woman infront of me started to talk, it all started with a smile. Anyway I got her son's life story, the fact she babysits as his wife's mum has a life! and the life story of two local butchers. all I wanted was a stamp

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
23-10-2005, 08:17 PM   #5

It must be something to do with your dazzling smile Kazz

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
23-10-2005, 08:33 PM   #6

its cos your so easy to talk to Kazz

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
23-10-2005, 09:58 PM   #7

You must be very approachable Kazz, people see you as someone they can confide in..............

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
24-10-2005, 09:46 AM   #8

I got one woman talking to me this week. i was in a queue (cant remember where) then she just turned round smiled at me so i smiled back, n then started talking to me .

But Ive noticed when ever i walk into a room/pub/shop etc loads of people look/stare at me! So i say to who ever I'm with 'did you see all those people staring at me!' they say no . I'm like OK then it must just be me! But i get it all the time. Weather I'm just being pardoned i dunno! A~n~y~w~a~y

Catsey Junior

25-10-2005, 09:40 PM   #9

o yes ! always at the bus stop or at work, although im alot ruder at work as im busy, so i tell them im not really interested

Banned

26-10-2005, 10:00 PM   #10

Ya gotta be firm, the open their mouths, before a word comes out say "NO!"