Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
23-10-2005, 08:08 AM   #1

Daily shred thread /Sunday

Red sky in morning - shepherds warning?

Well the sky is just beautiful this morning but the forecast for the next few days is awful - so maybe there is some truth in the old saying.

We're up and about fairly early for a Sunday. Will be off to the beach shortly to give the dog a good run around and to get some nice fresh air. Other than that have no plans - Sunday papers, Sunday lunch (we have a salmon piece for today, and apple sponge with creme fraiche to follow) and chill.

Are discussing a holiday for next summer - west coastal France is the favourite at the moment. Having a ferry port within half hour of here helps!

That's all. have a good day everyone, whatever you are doing.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
23-10-2005, 08:39 AM   #2

Re: Daily shred thread /Sunday

Morning DM, morning all. Dry but dull here at the minute. Off to give our horse his first winter clip today. Long, dirty, itchy job but it has to be done.

Lunch sounds delicious at your house DM, shame I don't live a little nearer to you

23-10-2005, 09:46 AM   #3

I'm sitting here at 3:30 AM like a lump. Woke up and couldn't get back to sleep. Took yesterday off from work so I could spend some time with my wife and furkids but I'll have to call in for another trip out today. We're extremely busy since hurricane Katrina took out the rail lines that the chemical plants ship alot of their product on. Lately I've been getting only the legally required 34 hrs off after 70 hrs on duty (14 hrs per day & 10 hrs for meals and sleeper). No idea yet where I'll be going. Trucking sucks for us oooold farts.

We've been watching closely the current Hurricane Wilma that's messing around in the Gulf of Mexico. Current predictions are that it will go past us and hit Florida but after being hit with the last two we in Louisiana are still a bit gunshy. There's a strong possibility that Wilma may weaken drastically to little more than a tropical storm before hitting Fla.... sure hope so.

It's a wierd feeling to be hoping that a major storm will pass you by and hit elsewhere.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
23-10-2005, 10:27 AM   #4

Morning all, dull and miserable here at the moment. Got nothing planned for today....just relaxing!
Sounds like you've been very busy Kittyfoot...you take it easy on those roads

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
23-10-2005, 11:24 AM   #5

morning all dull here as well but i dont think its going to rain which is good, i have the last girl pup going today they should be here soon, there coming from London.nothing else planned for today

here's hoping that Wilma will blow her self out KF

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
23-10-2005, 11:33 AM   #6

morning all, have been out with dogs most of this cold morn, they have cabin fever and have gone slightly insane but nothing but a 3 hour walk through the fields on a frosty morning and a wade in the river when its freezing cold couldnt solve (BTW im talking about the dogs doing that) i have been banished from the kitchen we have guests for sunday lunch and mum is doing the typical hostess thing, plus the fact the dogs were trying to get the leg of lamb down of the counter top!
apoart from that i have got all day to help in planning Bonfire nights festivities
Best wishes

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
23-10-2005, 12:05 PM   #7

Hi All
nothing much going on here. weather wet (again) Think I'll just chill today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
23-10-2005, 12:14 PM   #8

Lovely and sunny here, but cold, perfect dog walking weather....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
23-10-2005, 12:16 PM   #9

If it wasnt such a long drive I'd join you

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
23-10-2005, 12:39 PM   #10

we now have nice clear blue skys here now its a little cols but nice. i have 1 pup left now and the last 1 should be leaving later today

(he was going to Sweden but i changed my mind and he is now staying in Wales)