Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
22-10-2005, 11:20 AM   #1

Your veiws please

Last night it was pouring rain and quite windy here.
My son helps out at a tropical fish shop, he was asked to go in yesterday as one of the full time lads hadnt shown up.
At 6pm I got a call from him. Dont worry mum, I got on the bus and was 20pence short so I'm going to have to walk home!
It takes me 30 to drive him to or from work, so you can see it would have taken him a long time to walk home.
I looked next door but my neighbour was out. I didnt have any way of going for him so I told him to get a taxi home. I didnt want him walking about in the pouring rain in the dark and in the middle of town (thats where we were attacked).
Anyway, when I was a kid I remember getting on a bus and not having enough money and the bus driver gave me a slip for my parents to pay the bus company later. I thought It ws policy to help kids.
Seems the driver told him to "pay or get off" he explained he was 20p short and was told I guess you'll get wet then!
I was so angry!! Stil am.
I think in this day and age with all the nutters about this guy should have let my son on the bus. The normal fair would have been 60p he had 40!
Why did he only have 40pence? He bought a shrimp (live one) fo me!!!! He knew I had had my eye on one like it so decided to get me a gift!
Oh and the taxi was £9.80........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
22-10-2005, 11:32 AM   #2

Re: Your veiws please

how old is your son??
i would get in touch with the bus company and lodge a complaint,as they should of let him on the bus and not made him walk.id also ask for the taxi fare home back compensation.

Catsey Veteran

22-10-2005, 12:27 PM   #3

He's 14, thanks for that. I will get intouch with the bus company and that's a good idea about claiming back the taxi fare.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
22-10-2005, 01:16 PM   #4

I would definately ring the bus company Jac and explain the situation calmly at first...then judging by their reaction you can then get annoyed with them if they don't give you a satisfactory answer... Let us know what happens....

Catsey Veteran

22-10-2005, 01:38 PM   #5

Well I have been on the phone to them. They were really nice but, will have to look into the situation! They said it is there policy never to turn a child or adult away . Although they will not refund his taxi fare.
Funny enough I feel a letter coming on to the local paper

Catsey Junior

22-10-2005, 02:01 PM   #6

Jac ~ given the fact you were told that it is their policy 'never to turn a child away' I would be livid with them! They placed your son at risk of being mugged, etc by that uncaring act of that driver. He (the driver) needs to be reprimanded! I like your idea of a letter to the newspaper about this!
I am happy your son made it home OK and how thoughtful that he had purchased you a present as well. He sounds like a good boy! *correct that - a wonderful young man*

Catsey Veteran

22-10-2005, 02:34 PM   #7

He is a good boy-young man, that's one of the reasons I was so angry, If he had been a yob or drunk I could have understood the drivers reaction. I know exactly what would have happened when he descovered he didnt have enough money. He would have got a bright red face and wanted the ground to open up and swallow him!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
22-10-2005, 02:36 PM   #8

What a shame no-one on the bus stumped up 20p
20p for goodness sake!

But I agree - if there's a no-kick-off policy the driver should have implimented it.

Catsey Veteran

22-10-2005, 02:49 PM   #9

I have to wait until Mon to see what they are going to say.

I'm sure if I had been on the bus I would have given a kid 20p. It was such a horrid night too.

The driver could have even put him through as an OAP they dont pay. I'm getting angry again. Better stop I mean how could adults sit back and watch him????

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
22-10-2005, 02:51 PM   #10

Indeed - how could they?

This is all part of the 'wild feral youth' thing. It's such a shame when people are becoming frightened (way too frightened) of our own young.