Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
20-10-2005, 05:46 PM   #11

Re: Cold Winter?

I have a huge padded snowsuit I wear dog walking when it is freezing, look like the michelin man in it!!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
20-10-2005, 06:39 PM   #12

Would comment but fear for my life............................Jac makes a hasty retreat to another thread.

Catsey Junior

22-10-2005, 02:10 PM   #13

Good thread
Our winter weather here does get very cold! WE will have -20 F to minus -30 F at times. Everything freezes up tighter than a drum! Now snow is a different story Snow is a grand part of residing in the North country here in the USA ............ but in the winter of 1977 I was living in Buffalo NY and there was a blizzard there that lasted for over 40 days straight *no lie* The snow covered the top of one story houses - we were snowed in for over 2 months - where ever you were when that storm hit off the Great lakes is where you stayed! We tunneled out eventually (literally) Even big army trucks got stuck and buried trying to dig out that city! The temperatires were minus 60F for days at a time...........

Please forgive me for not knowing how to translate F into Celcius

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
22-10-2005, 02:27 PM   #14

I remember one year I lived in Canada, I went out with damp hair and it froze!!! the next day there was a warning in the paper, skin could freeze in so many seconds. Thats what I call cold!!!!!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
22-10-2005, 02:48 PM   #15

You show us up Piddler as we are such wimps with cold weather over here The slightest dusting of snow and everything is chaos on the roads, goodness what we would all do if we had your temperatures here

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
22-10-2005, 02:50 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Piddler
Good thread
Our winter weather here does get very cold! WE will have -20 F to minus -30 F at times. Everything freezes up tighter than a drum! Now snow is a different story Snow is a grand part of residing in the North country here in the USA ............
Hey Pidd!

Here's a pic from last winter from our friends in Maine (1000 miles from nowhere, as his email signature has it!). It's a snow tunnel their 2 girls made for themselves over the course of a weekend!

We tend to have a touch of the vapours if we have 2 inches of snow!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggie
22-10-2005, 03:29 PM   #17

I've only just put the heat on today... But that's mostly cos I'm still having a sore throat (no voice at all actually) and was freezing..

But I have a plaid made of wool, that I have over my duvet, when I go to bed at night.. It gets pushed of during the night, when I get warm...

Brrrr I ought to live half the year in the warmer countries....

'81.. hmmm I was 10 then... Cant remember a harsh winter then... well I can remember, we used to have white christmas's... we havent had that for a few years

Pat, we have had snow here in april aswell...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
22-10-2005, 05:33 PM   #18

have you heard the news? they are saying that they think we may run out of GAS if it going to be a cold winter then they think they will only have enough Gas for us to have it on for 3 days out of the week it can be true can it?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
22-10-2005, 05:37 PM   #19

I think (hope) the news I heard would only allow gas to industrial users on a limited basis if that proved necessary.
There's surely no way domestic consumers can be restricted - it would be dangerous - pilot lights would go out etc.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
22-10-2005, 06:17 PM   #20

well i hope its only industrial users DM cos like you said it would be dangerous for old ppl and young