Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
19-08-2007, 07:35 PM   #1

Dogs don't you love 'em.

Well went out today regardless of the weather as it was fine this morning we went to the Clent hills, and the dogs had a great time. Stopped for a break (not canines humans) had drinks and sarnie's (shared by the girls as always) but the girls were still dashing apart from popping back to eat a bit of ham sarnie. About 200ft from us was a chap and his wife and as I packed up to move on the chap said
"Have they got an off switch, I've never seen such lively yet well behaved dogs"
I smiled as I replied "Yes they have it's called the sofa, show them a sofa and they flak out, but out and about they are like this."

"Well he said I have to say rather you than me but they are lovely"

About 3 miles later we saw the couple again, the girls ahead of us, and the chap bent to stroke them but didn't. I just thought he was a bit strange or unsure smiled as we passed and nodded I said to Dave "Did he look at me funny" but to be honest I took no notice.

We went about another couple of miles and I realised we had walked into a horrible smell area, the more we walked the more it got worse, till I realised it was the bl**dy dogs they had rolled in some sort of "mess" an undescribable smell so we had to detour to find a river/water source and throw them in then it dawned on me why the chap had not stroked them they blinking well stank.

Dogs eh. Out to show me up....or just keep my feet on the ground. Don't you just love 'em.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
19-08-2007, 07:39 PM   #2

Re: Dogs don't you love 'em.

The youngest bordeaux that I sometimes walk and look after does the same thing. She just cannt resist a big cow pat

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
19-08-2007, 07:40 PM   #3

I can sympathise with you Kazz, my Gypsy did the same thing last week, and |I had to take her home in the car....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
19-08-2007, 07:46 PM   #4

Yes I had to bring them back in the car, two still smelly but now wet dogs. Oh well you gotta love 'em

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
19-08-2007, 07:47 PM   #5

Lils the same Kazz,shes always rolling in cow poooe even better there is a swampy area down the one field we go,full of all sorts,its absolutely stinks her faverourite things in the world to do it to lie in the middle of it

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
19-08-2007, 07:56 PM   #6

Wonder if its a terrier thing?? My Mollie would never roll in yuk!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
19-08-2007, 07:58 PM   #7

I think it must be Moli,my brother has patterdaledogs too and they are all the same I have a video on my pnone ill try and get it put on here

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
19-08-2007, 08:09 PM   #8

God I read that wrong then!!!
I thought the guy was bending down cos he was having a poo and then your dogs rolled in that!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really ought not to rush when I read

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
20-08-2007, 09:11 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by babycakes
God I read that wrong then!!!
I thought the guy was bending down cos he was having a poo and then your dogs rolled in that!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really ought not to rush when I read

I feel very pleased (smug?) that my little angel doesn't seem interested in rolling. So saying she'll probably find a lump of fox poo today, just to show me up

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
20-08-2007, 09:19 AM   #10

It must be a terrier thing, my labs never do this. Swim in mucky horrible water but never roll in cow pat thank goodness