Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
31-07-2007, 05:51 PM   #11

Re: Question for all the doggie people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
I'd go with what DM has to say. Stick to what food the breeder raised him on and no he doesn't need any milk supplement at this age. Take for walks in arms only. Lead walking only after full vaccs
Thanx Fran xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
31-07-2007, 07:14 PM   #12

Think it's all been covered really.

One of mine was a spring pup to housetrain and the other was autumn winter. Standing outside in the sleet for half hour while Maddy was a baby sniffing round the garden waiting for her to wee. 6am, I would have my dressing gown on, poo bag in one pocket, treats in the other, coffee in one hand, brolly in the other, and drop it all when she squatted, that was it "YAYYYYYYYYY MADDY WEE WEES!!!!!"

The neighbours thought I was mental, just cracked it with one pup and I went and got another, ahhh those were the days though.

*Said with tear in eye as it's my youngest dog's second birthday in 2 weeks*

Catsey Veteran

31-07-2007, 10:51 PM   #13

Loving the stories of toilet training. Keep 'em coming.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
31-07-2007, 11:08 PM   #14

Its good to hear I was not the only one standing in the rain saying wee wee to a puppy!! then getting all excited when she did one!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
31-07-2007, 11:12 PM   #15

We used to have a poodle when I was growing up and my Mum always used to take him shopping with her but she had a 'thing' about him doing his business in the road. So before she took him out to the shops, she used to say "Go dirties" to him ....... and he used to race up our long garden, do his business straight away and come racing back wagging his little tail like mad. Mum knew there would be no danger of him doing it outdoors then!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
01-08-2007, 04:22 PM   #16

Hi Elaine Your friend should ask as th epup is so young(not such a bad thing ) My Sal was 6 weeks 3 days when we got her to fit in with the long weekend I had off. And Tess was 6 weeks 1 day when we picked her up.
About puppy parties at the vets - for unvacinated pups a bit of socialization or maybe meet up in the home of a friend with an adult steady/sensible/socialized dog who has been vacinated and so the pup learns manners - have to say my two are in demand at the vets for the puppy parties as the "steady" adult dogs to meet the pups Sal is very good Tess becomes a pup herself and starts them all racing round.
And she was 3 in June.

I say to the girls "have a wee" and they will, whats the pup called?

KAREN

Catsey Veteran

01-08-2007, 06:03 PM   #17

Thanx Kazz, I'll ask around about that or maybe even ask my sister as she has a very well balance black lab.
The puppy is called Deisel, I'll get sopme piccies as soon as I clap eyes on him myself