Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
18-06-2005, 10:42 AM   #1

The BAd Apple Within The Barrell

Yes the above title is the perfect description of our 2year old Ragdoll cross cat. Clementine.
She is what could be described as stuck up, having nothing to do with visitors, or frankly anyone but me.
She has allwaysbeen the same since birth, as u all know Clementines mum was a Ragdoll belonging to my mums friend, and when she had kittens, i vowed we must have one, as at the time our previous cat had been dead about 3 years and the house still had dogs, rabbits, guinea-pigs and its clutch of ducks but no cats, and the mosue problem had got a bit beyond a terriers handling.
So i decided from the minute i saw the litter that i wanted the little tortie girl, but from the day she could walk, she has allways just followed me, even over Sue my mums friend who bred her. I would be in their kitchen 5 minutes and this tiny wild haired tortie would come bounding over, and then at 6 weeks we brought her home and she just decided she hated all but me, and took to haunting her shelves.
All around our hallway, and up the staircase and all around the landing, at the tops of the walls their are a continous run of shelves, that aernt that far from the ceiling, they hold various things but mainly plates and ornaments, anyway you get the scene, and since Clementine was 6 weeks old she has allways haunted them, and being a house cat she spends most of her time there, she is restricted to the garden, to help catch the mice, but she doesnt care for hunting, much to regal for that. She really is an evil snob, all the other animals fear her, even one of the dogs our JRT Polly, and the remaining rabbits and guinea-pigs, but Florrie our westie cross dandie pup doesnt seem to have any fears LOL
But Clementine truly does give a bad name to cats.
The thing that baffles me, is that Ragdolls are the nicest cat you can get, very people loving, very calm, named Ragdolls as they go limp in your arms, when they feel content. This sums Clementines mum up to the tee, but Clementine is a bad tempered mare, and as she is semi longhair she needs brushing a fair bit, she hisses and spits if she sees the brush, even at me. And if you dont feed her promptly at 6 o'clock she willcome and bat you, to me just her soft pads, to everyone else claws unsheathed!
SO i want your opinion, do u think she is the bad apple in the barrel?
Here is a picture of her in her regal pose, lookin gon in disgust, that i dared to take a picture, look at the disgrace in that face, she looks thorughly disgusted LOL then in this one she actually looks away when i got the camera out

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
18-06-2005, 10:54 AM   #2

Re: The BAd Apple Within The Barrell

No she's not a bad apple Luke.....she's just mischievous and likes to do her own thing! Every cat has their own character so they are all a bit different.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
18-06-2005, 12:39 PM   #3

She really is a bonnie girl...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
18-06-2005, 02:14 PM   #4

She is very pretty Luke and what a strong personality she has

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
18-06-2005, 02:15 PM   #5

Thanks all, she has her good points, she can be really nice sometimes. She looks like a Ragdoll, but without the personality!
best wishes