Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Trinity(DSH) Neo(RagxPer)Lily(Rag)
09-11-2006, 03:06 PM   #1

New kitten pic

Hi guys as you all know I have been searching for a kitten for adges. Had a pass from the cats protection league and they had no kittens in at the time. She adviced me to search around other rescues. I even spoke to Jane at algernon trust she is a lovely lady and I feel very sad I won't be getting a kitten from her. Yesterday one of the rescues phones me to say they knew of a litter that had just been born. Two moggie mums had a litter that they were looking after together in the same nest box. The kittens are 2 weeks old and there are 9 of them. The lady that is the owner seems nice. Will meet her soon. She sent me a picture of them today. I'll show you all not great quality as a picture phone. Anyway both mums are doing really well. Here the pic When would you advice would be a safe time to come and visit them?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
09-11-2006, 03:07 PM   #2

Re: New kitten pic

I would say 4 weeks onwards, up on their paws and playful! but its upto you and the Cat owner of course, they look lovely.
Dawn.

Catsey Senior

09-11-2006, 03:11 PM   #3

Thats what me and the owner had discussed around 4 weeks. She said I could have them to take home at 7 weeks but I think I would like to wait longer.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
09-11-2006, 04:37 PM   #4

I agree - 4 weeks to view.
If you feel 7 weeks is too early then tell her. They are very young and vulnerable at that age, and seem to grow stronger with every day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
09-11-2006, 04:45 PM   #5

Aww there's lovely

I agree 4 weeks onwards to visit them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
09-11-2006, 05:03 PM   #6

7wks is fine, I would sooner have a kitten at that age really, and a puppy, but of course its your choice. With pedigree Cats you cant have them till they are vaccinated, which means 12wks or so, I think this is too old, and with a Cat like my Wiggy he was 19/20wks when I had him and this was a definate disadvantage, he was run on by the breeder and had only known her and her Cats. Wonderful with us and those he knows, but prefers to steer well clear of those he doesnt. Moose on the other hand much more nosey! cant keep away from anybody, I really believe thats due to his age of when we had him, the first 2/3 months are vital.
Dawn.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Moggie - Molly Moo!
09-11-2006, 05:06 PM   #7

Aww Bless them
I agree 4 weeks onward is best

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
09-11-2006, 06:16 PM   #8

What sweet little kitts!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
09-11-2006, 06:28 PM   #9

Seems you've found your cat or will that be two?

I agree with Dawn I would say 7 weeks is fine but thats because I got Oscar and Cleo at about 6-7 weeks and they were fine.

Catsey Senior

09-11-2006, 06:39 PM   #10

Thanks for all your advice. I spoke to the breeder and she said we are welcome to see them whenever but I said to her that we wouldn't be able to come untill maybe next weekend they would be three weeks old then. I don't want to bring any germs. Dont mention that Kazz. Myself and my boyfriend have said we only want one but I don't know if I will be able to split the two up. I think I will stick with the breeder and say 7 weeks. That will be 15th December